Best trail suspension?

Wertzy

Alright. I'm about discusted with the stock suspension so now I want to upgrade. However, all I ride are trails. What, in your guys opinion, is the best trail suspension? I was looking at the LSR +2 kit with Elka's. Good?

I bought Works with ressies, and LSR +2 +1s for my 01 buildup. I havent ridden them yet, but a buddie had the Works on a raptor, and I like them a lot. The price was right on them too, like 480 for the shocks, and I picked up the LSRs for 250 shipped on here. Price was the biggest factor for me, but Works does seem to make a good mid-range shock, not the best out there, but from my experience good for all around trails and woods. I'll probably either buy a Works shock for the rear with a -1 swinger, or just have my rear shock re-charged. Not sure on the rear yet.

Alot of people run elkas up front. I havent heard any complaints, they seem to be a great shock too. I have never run them personally, but I know a lot of people have them here.

I was also thinking about the Works shocks since they are much cheaper but wasn't sure on what you guys thought of them. I might end up going with some Works shocks since I will probably cringe when I first get the Elka's covered in mud. LOL

Also, how come you want a -1 swinger? Is that preferred for woods riding?

Edited by Wertzy

Also, how come you want a -1 swinger? Is that preferred for woods riding?

Yeah, if you got with +2 +1 arms you'll be making the bike 1 inch longer. So the -1 sort of cleans that up, it gives you a tighter turning radius, and some more traction in the rear. The drive wheels sit closer to the center of gravity, better for hill clims, and mjuddin' makes it into a wheelie machine on asphalt though. You can even go -2, but that seemed a little too much to me.

The works shocks are a lot less, and a lot of people run them, I have never ridden the elkas to compare though. I like the works alot, the raptor that I rode with them, handled the whoops and trails nicely, he says he's run them for 3 or 4 years now and they held up nice. They also build them to your specs, riding weight, style, etc. I bought a set of dual rate rezzies for my shee that is apart. http://www.precisionpowersports.com had the cheapest prices I could find on new ones.

Cool, I noticed that they have a lot of stuff on there, but I've only ever bought shocks from there. They have elkas too, but I'm not sure how competitive their pricing is. The a-arms they carry are albas, as long as you don't have to deal with alba, then they arent bad either. They were super cool when I ordered from them, and they had their stuff out quick. It's probably be worth it to call them up, and see if they can give you a package price on the arms and shocks if you want the albas. I would think they'd do somethin for ya. I'm sure there are a ton of reviews of different shocks here, thought I'd throw in my .02, but I'm sure there's a lot of readin' on here too. Good luck,

Wertzy, make sure you buy +2+1 a-arms, don;t just buy +2's Also I have +2+1 and the stock swingarm and it handle s really really great. I am sure the -1" swinger would make it handle even better but you will love the way your banshee handles with the a-arms alone. I can't believe I rode my banshee for almost a year with the stock a-arms and shocks.

Wertzy, make sure you buy +2+1 a-arms, don;t just buy +2's Also I have +2+1 and the stock swingarm and it handle s really really great. I am sure the -1" swinger would make it handle even better but you will love the way your banshee handles with the a-arms alone. I can't believe I rode my banshee for almost a year with the stock a-arms and shocks.

As of right now, I plan on getting just the front suspension delt with. I decided against the elka's just because I ride in a LOT of muddy trails and they will just get trashed. So, I'm going with the latter. Getting a cheaper set of Works.

I can't wait to get started on this now. Thanks for your help guys. :notworthy:

you are buying a-arms with shocks right?

If you buy just the shocks now you will have to have them revalved for you +2+1 a-arms when you get them. Plus if you buy the arms and shocks together you can get a packaged deal for cheaper. I would just buy them together

Find me a site that sells a +2+1 suspension kit with works piggyback shocks and I'll go for it. I don't want remote rezzies. I want piggybacks.

As of right now, I'm getting the Janssen +2 arms with Works piggyback shocks.

I don't want remote rezzies. I want piggybacks.

with works shocks whats the difference?, jansen a-arms?, id skimp on the a-arm long before i did on the shocks..........your first post with elka shocks was right on check, i realize you dont want them to get dirty, everytime i dont want my bike to get dirty i dont ride it............ it works real good.....

yeah don't be afraid to get the elkas just because you ride muddy trails, you'll like them way more than the works, trust me. I used to have works, and they were better than stock, but the elka setup I rode didn't even compare to mine. So just do it right the first time and be done with it, or you'll regret.

btw i would invest in some shock covers, that's wut their made for :thumbsup:

Edited by dEcon

I don't know guys. I'm just so worried that I'm going to trash the Elka's with the stuff I ride in. Just so you know...this is the type of stuff I ride in. lol

Im000897.jpg

Not very pretty. :sick:

Thanks for all the help guys. We'll see if I lay down the cash or not on Elka's. :beer:

DAAAAAAAMN! That a huge mudhole. Im afraid to take my shee through a little puddle cause Im concerned mud will get into the internal stuff mabey cause a short and make it bog. As far as getting shocks dirty yeah it happens but they also make shock covers Cheap so you can avoid that.

Go with the elkas you wont be dissapointed.

I don't know guys. I'm just so worried that I'm going to trash the Elka's with the stuff I ride in. Just so you know...this is the type of stuff I ride in. lol

Im000897.jpg

Not very pretty. :sick:

Thanks for all the help guys. We'll see if I lay down the cash or not on Elka's. :beer:

Holy Shit that mud looks Kinda green lol RIP IT OR STRIP IT AND SELL it lol Looks like fun :sick: