powerbands

tyguy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys are IDIOTS man dont listen to them. the "colored ones". . There are only BLACK AND GREY powerbands and you can get them at almost any dealer off the net. You can color them red and orange and pink and the funny this is people actualy do this shit.

Here is my site I will give you thm cheap POWERBANDS.COM/LOL

You def want to replace the powerband its the first mod I did, but what everyone forgot to tell you on here is you don't want to put them in dry. they will lock up on you. You need powerband oil its kinda like shock oil and make sure you get the sythentic stuff. Its common sense but sometimes its not so common. They are right next to the modulator valve if you are having a hard time finding. Call your local atv dealer and they will hook you right up.

The same thing happened to me!! my powerband went out so i asked the stealership about it and they said brong you shee and we will fix it, i asked how much they said with parts and labor $824.66. so i told them to kick rocks and went and bought a clymers and did it myself. but the funny thing is i split the cases and didn't see it. so i asked around and found out that if you wait to long after they go band they discenigrate and get passed throught your motor. so i just went and picked up a new for around 80 bucks and slapped it in and it ran like a champ. hope this helps you out.

o, it was a black one.

well maybe they were takin out or something, there is nothing in this motor that i dontknow what it was.... im new to 2-strokes a bit but ive still never seen a "powerband" before. i always thought itwas just an action that takes place......untill i read alot.....

can anyone tell me exactly where the powerband is in one of these??? i have a case all split and i was told to replace the powerband with red ones...make any sense???????// thanks in advance

i belive there are trying to tell you that a power band on a 2 stroke is the point at witch the motor makes its peak power at a certain rpm.

the bike is a 1998 shee,,,barely rode at all.... statred to burn trans oil so we took it apart and found the crank gear was missing a tooth..... :ohmy: ...i was just reading about power upgrades while inside and i seen stuff about power bands so i thought id ask the pros.... i feel stupid

the bike is a 1998 shee,,,barely rode at all.... statred to burn trans oil so we took it apart and found the crank gear was missing a tooth..... :ohmy: ...i was just reading about power upgrades while inside and i seen stuff about power bands so i thought id ask the pros.... i feel stupid

ROFL because you are.

hey im tring here. im not into the 2-strokes yet...i ve always knew cars,,,,,now im istarting to get into them, they dont make them anymore,,,, im not stupid when it comes to engines but these two strokers are weird as hell.....i wanted to make sure i knew what you were talking about , ive always knew a powerband as the curve of the rpm as it revs up...