Short axle

Banshee4Drag

Ok does a Short Axle make a difference on a drag banshee?

Is the shorting of the axle done for

1)Makeing the bike stay stright under load, which in thorey a shorter axle should...

2)getting weight to tire' which just because the axle is shorter, you still weight the same, But this would put center of gravity closer. which would in return get power to the ground faster right?

3)Something Longer turning in radius loose's power wich in a axle cause would lose HP the longer travel it has right?

4) Or im tottaly off track and people do it for the look's which does make a drag bike look better, but also makes you lookf fatter....HeH

Anyone have any input on this....I shortin my axle ALOT ran full floating brakes NO carrier and it make a HUGE difference, Pullin a stright line, and luanchin harder...Anyone have any insight on this....

Ok does a Short Axle make a difference on a drag banshee?

Is the shorting of the axle done for

1)Makeing the bike stay stright under load, which in thorey a shorter axle should...

2)getting weight to tire' which just because the axle is shorter, you still weight the same, But this would put center of gravity closer. which would in return get power to the ground faster right?

3)Something Longer turning in radius loose's power wich in a axle cause would lose HP the longer travel it has right?

4) Or im tottaly off track and people do it for the look's which does make a drag bike look better, but also makes you lookf fatter....HeH

Anyone have any input on this....I shortin my axle ALOT ran full floating brakes NO carrier and it make a HUGE difference, Pullin a stright line, and luanchin harder...Anyone have any insight on this....

Pulling the rear tires closer together gives you better traction, which in turn makes the bike go straighter.

It also gives you more control with just body english as it puts more weight on each tire as you move your body to one side or the other. It is definitely the best setup for drag racing!

I understand what it is short for...you ride with them? sen them and Sand Drags in Bonne Terra, they did not fair so good...

When newcomers come to our track THEY dont fair so good either. Sometimes you just gotta take the good with the bad...or bad with the good....however you want to look at it!

Edited by 23champ

Ok now HeH i did not want to sound like an ass with the GT per Not doing so sweel...I just did not know if they are New to the drag racein are New to that track... there bikes look sick, they were fast but Bonne Terra is a weird track, and its ALL POLITICS there..If your not RELATED your most likely not going to win..i mean after all look who wins every time...HeH my bike almost stock runs a 5.50 every run there with .397 reaction on the dot...But some how some way a 6.10 dail in and a 6.70 time beat me i Just ont Understand that place...tell me where GT Per track is and i will be more than happy to never race Bonne Terra agian

Ok now HeH i did not want to sound like an ass with the GT per Not doing so sweel...I just did not know if they are New to the drag racein are New to that track... there bikes look sick, they were fast but Bonne Terra is a weird track, and its ALL POLITICS there..If your not RELATED your most likely not going to win..i mean after all look who wins every time...HeH my bike almost stock runs a 5.50 every run there with .397 reaction on the dot...But some how some way a 6.10 dail in and a 6.70 time beat me i Just ont Understand that place...tell me where GT Per track is and i will be more than happy to never race Bonne Terra agian

We're on the other side of Missouri. 30 miles north of KC.