Need new clutch for 98 CR250

Handyman

Ok so I need a new clutch for my 98CR250. It finally gave out while at Sand Mt. Nevada. I called the shop to see how much one would cost and they said I was looking close to $300 for new friction plates, steel plates and springs(6). The friction plates are factory honda from what the guy said. he said the aftermarket stuff isn't as reliable as the factory friction plates. i want to know if this has any truth to it and if not what brand is a good brand. The main type of riding I do is motocross with a few trips to the sand. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ok so I need a new clutch for my 98CR250. It finally gave out while at Sand Mt. Nevada. I called the shop to see how much one would cost and they said I was looking close to $300 for new friction plates, steel plates and springs(6). The friction plates are factory honda from what the guy said. he said the aftermarket stuff isn't as reliable as the factory friction plates. i want to know if this has any truth to it and if not what brand is a good brand. The main type of riding I do is motocross with a few trips to the sand. Thanks in advance for any help.

Stick with the stock Honda clutch parts. I never could get an aftermarket clutch to have the same feel as a stock Honda clutch or last as long.

Honda now sells a clutch kit for CR and CRF models. Comes with everything you need instead of having to buy each piece individually. Tell your shop guy to look into it. I'm sure they are priced competitively with aftermarket kits.

Honda now sells a clutch kit for CR and CRF models. Comes with everything you need instead of having to buy each piece individually. Tell your shop guy to look into it. I'm sure they are priced competitively with aftermarket kits.

I hadnt heard that, but it makes sense. the cool part about factory parts is that the markup is huge, so if you know someone on the inside there will be a much larger discount.

I hadnt heard that, but it makes sense. the cool part about factory parts is that the markup is huge, so if you know someone on the inside there will be a much larger discount.

It's about F'in time they did it, instead of gouging ya on each piece individually!