problem with steering, happend to any of you?

peterlocal22

hello everyone

when i turn my handlebars to the left they go farther back than when i turn to the right. the left wheel also moves farther left than the right. now i looked at the steering stopper and i think it looks ok but im not positive. i have two questions for you, first what could this possible be?

and second does anyone have a picture of there steering stopper taken from either the right side or the left side of the bike? im trying to figure out how close the steering stem is suppose to be to the stopper because i have about a 1/2 inch space. maybe its suppose to be flush?

thanks for any help

check to make sure that when you turn your wheels one way or the other that the ears on the steering stem arent startin to slip past the stopper. that could be it or like eastcoast said, the tie rod may be bent. thats really your only 2 ways this problem can occur.

ok its definatly the steering stopper. its about a quarter inch more to the left than the right. so im going to try an hammer back to the left but how the hell am i suppose to do that. any tricks to the trade to get in that tight spot? also what tools or blunt objects did you use to fix it?

thanks