IM IN CLUTCH HELL

Rebel3190

OK,heres the deal I bought a set of clutches and a new lever,perch,and cable from Jeff at F.A.S.T. put em in and for the life of me CANNOT get the clutches to work I bought a clymers read the hell of it,nuthin I got a mechanic friend of mine he couldnt figure it out either,ive tried everything and still cannot get em to work,im on the brink of takin it ti the stealership,PLEASE HELP!!!

none yet i pre soaked em in maxima trans. fluid that jeff sold me,but you know when its in gear and you push it how it catches but it will roll freely when the clutch is pulled in well it catches whether the clutch is pulled or not.Another prob im havin is my shifter slidin side to side in the case.

none yet i pre soaked em in maxima trans. fluid that jeff sold me,but you know when its in gear and you push it how it catches but it will roll freely when the clutch is pulled in well it catches whether the clutch is pulled or not.Another prob im havin is my shifter slidin side to side in the case.

get your camera out and take a few picts. help us help you.

1. did you make sure you installed the pressure plater correctly? If you didnt , there wont be any clutch pull on the lever.

2. Did you line up the arrows? The clutch arm ( where the cable hooks to the arm on the cases) is shaped like an arrow on the end. That should line up with the arrow on your cases....kinda by where your VIN numbers are on your cases.

3. Are all the parts to the clutch installed correctly? There ia a little ball that goes inside the mainshaft. it sits between the pushrod and the pancake bearing (if you have a pancake bearing installed)

4. You should have enough freeplay in your lever that you can stick a nickle between the clutch perch and lever.

I'd call the same number when you bought the clutch and talk to him over the phone. But it sounds like Champ might be dead on. Take your pressure plate off and rotate it 90 degrees and put it back on. Before you put any screws in it, you should be able to see if it's fitting flush against the outside fiber. If not, rotate it again. I think there are aligment arrows for the orientation, but I can't remember.

I jsut done my clutch and was having the same problem with my shifter. It would slide far enugh that it would all most slip off the star and was a real b*tch to shift. Dont know if its right or not but i put a washer on the shifter side to take up the slack, it should have some i'm sure just not sure why i have the extra play but it worked and shifts a lot better, on the clutch i think champ is dead on just go back through and start at square one.

Yea it moves from left and right and if it aint in the right spot it wont shift.

Rebel call me tomorrow if needed and i will gladly walk you through the whole thing! That is what we are here for. :headbang:

Tell ya what if you really need it , call me tonight as im fixen to start 2nd shift in the shop anyway!

Edited by FASTOYS