do a arms get real beat up from trail riding

vitovito240

hello everyone, im thinking of buying some real nice aarms. there alot of money and wanted to know if they would probably get all dented, dinged, and banged up from trail rideing. i ride in massachusetts, new hampshire, vermont, NY, RI an Maine. the terrain can ge quite rough at times with lots of rocks.

if they do i will probably go with a much cheaper pair.

thanks

Edited by vitovito240

Do you run into stuff?? My a-arms look like new still. Check your old arms... if they're beat up the new ones will probably end up looking the same. One thing though is aftermarket arms are usually tougher than the stock ones so they can take more abuse.

• 1 month later...

hello everyone, im thinking of buying some real nice aarms. there alot of money and wanted to know if they would probably get all dented, dinged, and banged up from trail rideing. i ride in massachusetts, new hampshire, vermont, NY, RI an Maine. the terrain can ge quite rough at times with lots of rocks.

if they do i will probably go with a much cheaper pair.

thanks

Where exactly are you from? I am in the new england area (SE mass) and always looking for new people to ride with.

The more you spend on the a arm, generally the better quality joints are in them, ball or heim...

They make a arm protectors, as well, that usually just clamp on.

You can get them made from plastic, carbon fiber and even aluminium diamond plate....

I use skid plates & if you're real fussy use thin foam tape between the twoand don't forget...it is for dirt!