Direct Drive lock up adjustments

akbill

Need help figuring how to adjust the engagement of my lock up clutch. It is locking too hard/too soon and bogging the bike down.

I threw away my instructions and the info is not on Direct Drives website, but I think I remember reading about how to change the weights or what not in the directions when I bought the kit.

First gear is not problem, but when I try in second, I have to feather the clutch out, If I just dump it, it will bog for a bit.

There are a few different ways to adjust it. Heavier or lighter clutch springs will determine how much pressure is on the clutch. You can also try removing three of the bolts in the fingers on the lockup itself. I removed all of the bolts in mine in order to try to get my bike to launch hard without lifting the front wheels. Just keep experimenting with it.

Was there a noticable difference in removing the bolts from the fingers of the lock out( 3 bolts out vs. all bolts out)

I have the really stiff barnett springs in there still from before when I didn't have a lock up, that might be the problem

I did notice that it is easier to launch now that all the bolts are out. I have stiff springs in mine as well and thought about putting the softer springs in and using 3 bolts. Its too hot in the shop and I'm too lazy though.