Rear suspension set up

warwgn

• 3 weeks later...

thats it??? i thought you were gonna sounds smart...wtf..ha

I must admit I'm a tad dissapointed as well, I was holding my breath for a majorly enligthening thesis on suspension developement, instead we got a ten-liner...

irs is the future of all quads.

you guys remember years ago when disc brakes, water cooling and electronic ignition were just comming out? everyone was like "omg this sucks". and now its almost the standard for alot of applications.

i can remember very clearly alot of people didnt want such things as electronic ignition because they were ignorant and didnt know how simple it actually was. hell i think i remember some people calling them "ignition computers".

you guys remember years ago when disc brakes, water cooling and electronic ignition were just comming out? everyone was like "omg this sucks". and now its almost the standard for alot of applications.

i can remember very clearly alot of people didnt want such things as electronic ignition because they were ignorant and didnt know how simple it actually was. hell i think i remember some people calling them "ignition computers".

Dude, we've already had this discussion, IRS is not the future of ALL quads. Thats like saying rotary engines are the future of all cars. Quite simply, you can't eliminate body roll with IRS. You can minimize it, but there will always be some. For that reason alone, MX quads will keep using a straight axle. Its lighter, simpler, and cheaper. For cross country and desert, sure IRS will probably take over one day, but thats not what drives sales in the high performance industry. Especially now that MX is on TV.

Not to mention when somebody runs up under your ass end on the holeshot or you over shoot a jump by 20ft... it's alot easier to replace a axle and maybe a swingarm than two shocks... two axles, etc...

Cut Cole some slack.... I know plenty of people that are fuckin genious's when it comes to suspension but there's no way in hell they could put it on paper...

Mike

• 2 months later...

I think the same thing about fuel injection.They are already putting it in quads even though it is not perfected.And dean sundahl (master of all desert racing banshees) said that he was going to start using fuel injection on his shee.

the fuel injection point is right on.

whenever a new development comes out there are all these assholes who are scared of new things and wont consider it. they are the ones who awalys get left behind because they run dated shit and wont upgrade untill they are one of the last ones left.

im supprised some of you old geezers havent found a way to retrofit drum brakes and points ignition on youre banshees.

i welcome new technology with open arms, but not for $3400. ill wait for the price to come down. like everyone i have limits.