NOOB NEEDS HELP WITH LAUNCH ON ASPHALT

Heres the deal. I just got my banshee a short while ago and I cant figure this out. My buddy and I lined em up on the asphalt in front of the house. I left in first gear and wheelied way to high so he got the jump on me about a quad length or so.

We ran up to 5th gear and he was around 2.5 to 3 quad lengths in front of me and then shut em down to avoid neighborhood conflict. We ran em twice with the same result. Im about 60lbs heavier than him so he has the weight advantage by a bunch.

My shee is bone stock (for now) and his 86 is .030 over and stroked (not sure how much but he was told when he bought it.) When either one of us takes them both for a rip the shee definitely feels a shit ton faster all the way through. I was definitely reeling him in when we got to fifth gear and Im positive I can hold him off if I get a better start.

What can I do to get a better start on asphalt pavement? Starting in first just spins em a bit and then wheelies so I have to clutch it a bit to get it down and then get back in her to try to catch up. Ive thought about leaving high rev in second but this seems as if it will set me on the grab bar if im not sitting on the radiator when we leave?

Anyone have any tips? I know my stock shee can win but im an obe won sheenobie in training just coming off a warrior so I never much drag raced previously.

Im gonna practice but I wanted some tips if anything before I go tear the tranny up learnng.

I gotta warrior 2 and I can't get it to wheelie for shit. Big differance than the shee eh? Lean way up on that mutha trucker and practice, practice. I'm sure some others will chime in.

Edited by Rustbag