STOCK SUSPENSION

apbt549

i hear alot of talk about how bad the stock susp. is whats so bad about it and what should replace?

i do mostly trail riding and some light drag racing i will never do any mx to old and to big.but i do not mind spending some $ on the susp if it will make the bike handle better so if i replace some of the stock susp what should i replace and with what i don't want to buy a full race susp b/c i never plan on mx'ing the bike just trails and drags.tks

Well the question is how much do you want to spend? You can get a nice set of shocks like Elka, TCS, and Axis. Those are only a few brands but they are some of the best. Either way your looking at 500-1000 for a good set of shocks all depends on the features you want. If you look around enough im sure you could come acroos some a-arms cheap too. Lately iv seen brand new Lonestar a-arms going for around 500. All in all if your trail riding id just stick with getting a nice set of shocks and maybe getting your rear swing arm cut 1-2inchs. Best of luck to you man there are so many options out there ti choose from. :shoothead:

Yeah you can always go with yfz450 shocks but from everything i read they arent much better than stock. As for the swingarm it all depends on what your doing. If you ride tight trails the shorter swing arm will aloow you to turn tighter. On top of turning tighter itll get a shit load of traction. The front end might come up more but i always like to be able to get it up on command to get over stuff.

Edited by EastCoast Banshee

i hear alot of talk about how bad the stock susp. is whats so bad about it and what should replace?

i do mostly trail riding and some light drag racing i will never do any mx to old and to big.but i do not mind spending some $ on the susp if it will make the bike handle better so if i replace some of the stock susp what should i replace and with what i don't want to buy a full race susp b/c i never plan on mx'ing the bike just trails and drags.tks

The benefits of good suspension are numerous. Good suspension can save your arse in bad situations, it can improve your drag times by keeping the power planted, it can save your body from getting beat up from a rough ride and so on..................

To get your bike suspended all the way around your looking at spend about $850. for a none rezzie Elka and a rear rebuild and the cost goes up from there.

If you need any help or have any questions get in contact with us.

Shane

(219)313-1424

www.wolfpackracing.com

If your going to do competative dragging I wouldn't get the -2 swinger. As for suspension, If your on a budget I would just replace the front shocks and have the rear rebuilt. Atvsuspensiontech.com has a sale going on TCS shocks, $553 for Tripple or Dual Rate (go with the duals) fronts, and they list the prices for a rear rebuild also. I'd get the ZPS to drop the front end some.

If your going to do competative dragging I wouldn't get the -2 swinger. As for suspension, If your on a budget I would just replace the front shocks and have the rear rebuilt. Atvsuspensiontech.com has a sale going on TCS shocks, $553 for Tripple or Dual Rate (go with the duals) fronts, and they list the prices for a rear rebuild also. I'd get the ZPS to drop the front end some.

Elkas for $450. plus a rebuild for $395. We knock off $50. from the rebuild when you purchase fronts. Suspension all around for $800. $100. more for TCS.

Ask atvsuspensiontech to send Lee a little sponsor money to help support the guy/site that brought you all together.

Shane