LSR axle question

JMaN05

first off, id like to say this forum should have a drive topic. relating to axle, chain, sprocket, whatever makes your shee "drive" :baseball_innocent:

this isnt suspension, but no where else to put it. my buddy has a LSR axle, nice chrome, barely used, MINT..but theres no spacers. he says that its just fulltime extended axle. i have not seen this before, so heres my questions:

1. is this guy shitting me? or is there really full time extended by LSR?

2.is he just trying to sell me an axle in which he lost spacers?(not a big deal for the price im paying)

3. if there is a fulltime extended axle, what is the length of the extended axle(he doesnt know..)+2"? +4"?

Edited by JMaN05

so it has to be a +2+4 axle? he may just not have the spacers then..or is there a stock length? even if it is stock, would i still be able to buy the spacers and extend it?

I don't see why not... lSR should have 1000's of those things laying around....

Mike

no, i mean, is the axle able to be extended if its a lonestar stock length?

and on another note..

refering to the axle locknuts, i cant get the second off. is there some kind of tricks you guys use? okay so its like

=======||=||*+++++|=========

................^ .^

................1 .2

and theres the 2 locknuts. the first one(1) spins counterclockwise, as if to loosen, correct? and i was told the second one(2) spins clockwise(as if to tighten) to actaully loosen it and get it off. i have tried numerous times, with numerous wrenchs, both clock wise and counterclockwise on the second one(2) and i cant get the damn thing to budge...any ideas?

|key|

*-sprocket

=-axle

||-locknut

|-rotor

+-carrier

Edited by JMaN05

oh i knwo about the spacers and such...but are you 100% sure lonestar didnt make a nonadjustable extended axle? my friend still insists its plus 2" on each side, but theres no spacers..

measuring would do a lot...but i am supposed to be picking it up tomorrow.

i just checked lonestars website, and the spacers are $10 each!! and they only come in half inch spaces now! that means i would need 8 of those!! $80 just for spacers!!!!

could i just go to my local hardware store and pick up some very similar spaces for $10 for all 8 or just get 4 1" spacers? something like that..but you get the idea. do you think they would be safe and hold up? i would imagine so, buts its nice to get a second opinion.