Longtravel A-Arms - +3 too much?

2ksteeda

to the overheating issue. cant you just turn a longer reservoir? whether it be piggy back or remote, you could get git a another 6-8 ounces of fluid in there easily. theres nothing complicated to one, just needs to have a finely polished ID of stock size so your piston and everything will mate up.

you bring up another good point.. i dont like piggy back cause they dont hold as much fluid as a remote. which means lower fluid temp. you could also argue that the line acts as a heat sync..

to your ? above.. im not sure what your saying.. ad a bigger ressy to the stocker?

Interesting when I was buying my Piggy Back Elites they told me the difference in fluid capacity is less than 1/2 oz and insignificant, the extra fluid in the line basicaly and there is no line for the piggy back. The Elka's have huge piggy back rezzies up front compared to other brands.

I Know the shafter diameter is very important on tuck shocks but would imagine it is less significant on complex ATV shocks. It would provide quite a bit more displacement which could significantly help (especialy with simple truck shocks).

you could do it to any resi shock. anything you are having overheating probs with. the more fluid the more the heat will disperse and the larger the tube the more air flow will cover it. just a thought.

yea i have elkas and there lines are bigger compared to works. not saying its a big differance or you should go one way or the other with remote or piggy. but i wouldnt say its insignificant though... blah blah blah its just my opinion

i would say shaft dia. is more "significant" on any shock that is being beaten the shit out of. this is offroading right? high speed compression and decomprssion with hundreds of pounds of force on a single shock will begin to break it down wether its seals, shaft, leaks or just bent or broken. so i say, bigger is better...... on a truck, buggy, atv or rhino/samuri :laugh:

I'm still waiting on the parts, cant wait to get them installed. I'm interested to see how much ground clearance I will gain as well as extra suspension travel. I am going to get the Elka long travel setup for the rear in a month or two.

Anyone else with LT front end know how long your shocks are, eye to eye?

I'm still waiting on the parts, cant wait to get them installed. I'm interested to see how much ground clearance I will gain as well as extra suspension travel. I am going to get the Elka long travel setup for the rear in a month or two.

Anyone else with LT front end know how long your shocks are, eye to eye?

LT shocks are usually between 18 3/4 and 19 1/2''.....

Mike

yea i have elkas and there lines are bigger compared to works. not saying its a big differance or you should go one way or the other with remote or piggy. but i wouldnt say its insignificant though... blah blah blah its just my opinion

i would say shaft dia. is more "significant" on any shock that is being beaten the shit out of. this is offroading right? high speed compression and decomprssion with hundreds of pounds of force on a single shock will begin to break it down wether its seals, shaft, leaks or just bent or broken. so i say, bigger is better...... on a truck, buggy, atv or rhino/samuri :laugh:

So, Is it what your saying that a larger shaft makes a shock perform better? Or, are you saying it is better because it can take more abuse?

Not all rebuilds are equal! Some rebuild are done by just changing out the shims and not the valve itself. Oil is a big factor as well. A full synthetic will resist heat much better but is very expensive.

Lets not forget the cost factor. A new aftermarket shock will set you back about $800. compared to $395. for a complete rebuild.

Shane

www.wolfpackracing.com

you bring up another good point.. i dont like piggy back cause they dont hold as much fluid as a remote. which means lower fluid temp. you could also argue that the line acts as a heat sync..

to your ? above.. im not sure what your saying.. ad a bigger ressy to the stocker?

A bigger rezzie can be added on remote shocks. We use a bladder rezzie from a 250R and it seems to be a bit smoother. We have added remotes to the stock piggyback shock as well but it isn't cost effective.

Shane