I call bullshit

I have a question for any of you web savy computer guys. Why does bansheehq exchange 3 times more cookies and run 4 times as many scripts on every page request, than say planetsand for example? Why are people experiencing everything from javascript errors to worms and viruses since we got the "new look". It always did run more scripts and cookies but now it is even worse.

Has some new spyware been implimented for a profit scheme at the expense of our privacy, because if so I want to make sure I discontinue my annual premium member fee. I don't mean to be ignorant with my ignorance but can someone shed some light on this please?

No.

The BansheeHQ does not impliment spyware/adware/malware, etc. The new look and upgrades were intended for YOU the members, otherwise I wouldn't have spend ungodly amount of time upgrading and maintaining it.

Cookies: IPB is a more advanced forum than most out there. They use cookies for many things such as keeping you logged in when requested, remembering 'read' topics, etc. Rather than keeping a lot in the database, which would cause it to grow exponentially, it uses small cookies for that. No sensitive information, if you look into the cookies, are stored within.

Scripts: The only scripts running during your visit around the forums, are the forums themselves, any plugins (which you can see [i.e. Arcade, Gallery, Chat, etc] And ad-serving scripts for our sponsors.

I do everything I can and as promptly as possible to keep the site up, running smoothly, and up-to-date.

I'm an advocator of the fight against sneaky practices the adware/spyware industry takes. It's not right for the consumer and internet contributors. Spyware/Malware poses security risks and information sharing which the BansheeHQ has never, nor never will do. The BHQ is supported only by sponsors and premium members.

Any questions on any issues, please feel free.

i would say becuase the HQ runs a shit load faster than any other site.... eg... pages load alot quicker.

for quality... you pay money. for strength.... you go stronger.

because the HQ is fast it takes more for it to run. its the same with engines really.

i dont know much about computers but this is what i think..... 99% chance im wrong though.

I have a question for any of you web savy computer guys. Why does bansheehq exchange 3 times more cookies and run 4 times as many scripts on every page request, than say planetsand for example? Why are people experiencing everything from javascript errors to worms and viruses since we got the "new look". It always did run more scripts and cookies but now it is even worse.

Has some new spyware been implimented for a profit scheme at the expense of our privacy, because if so I want to make sure I discontinue my annual premium member fee. I don't mean to be ignorant with my ignorance but can someone shed some light on this please?

dont like it?

than leave

and dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!!

the worms and viruses are getting old. :baseball_getlost:

wow brooke you and i agree on something. :flamewar:

to each their own. the old site outlook worked and didnt have problems. i like change in all but something seems to be going on all the time.

im far from a computer expert. just saying.

once a week i get virus from here.

the worms and viruses are getting old. :baseball_getlost:

yeah ever since this new look my comp has been messin up alot and its been trojan this, worm that, and all kinds of crazy stuff has been happening. but i have to say lee, your doing an amazing job keepin the hq alive and going. i don't have a credit card so, do you except checks so i can become a premium member? thanks

I was watching one of the video's, that a HQ'er posted of himself racing his YFZ450, and my anti-virus caught a worm or trojan trying to be downloaded on my computer, but this was back before the site update. Not saying the HQ'er put the crap in the video, it could have been someone else, but you never know anymore. Keep everything updated, and scan for viruses and spyware daily, and you shouldn't have very many problems.

Are you all sure its the HQ that's "causing" these viruses? I haven't had a single problem other than that initial incident that Lee already addressed. :shrug: Regardless, it's always good practice to run spyware protection and a virus check daily with all the boogers out there on the net :beer: