Shock Covers

Slayer1018

I have heard they help the life of the shock considerably if you ride in sand... However I have also heard of people bitchin up a storm because they can/will rub the paint off the springs. Have also heard of people complain that they hold moisture and can promote rust :confused: I have them on my bike but I put them on for function rather than looks..

RIPPEN

I run outerwears on all my shocks. and yes they add life to your shocks. and yes they rub the paint off the shocks. but who cares.....you got outerwears on um anyway.

It just suck's that i cant show off my NEW TCS's. cuz they are beautifull. But...I would rather them last longer...than look nice.

I think the brand is QuadTech. They make these carbon fiber things that mount in front of your shocks to protect them. I dont care for them but a few high dollar quads at Glamis have them.

i saw some of those on the internet today. look like they were robbed from a CR 250. :shrug:

i have been running outwears, but im not sure if i am going to order any for my new shocks. i dont really know that they help that much. there was dirt and shit caked to my old shocks when I took them off about an hour ago...........and it was stuck unde the shockwear in a place i wouldnt look, and a place the pressure washer obviously didnt get to.

The paint wears off the springs because the shock wears are to tight. You want them to float on the shock. Plus when you buy shock wears make sure you tell who ever you are ordering them from that they are for AFTERMARKET shocks. They are not the same as regualr shock wears.

Chris

i also noticed if you can stay in front of everyone else you dont need them

That's the plan... the guys I practice with are fuckin narly though.... I don't run shock covers... for one they look stupid as hell on LT shocks unless you run the quad tech ones... which are over-priced and damn near pointless... Just wash your quad and keep it oiled....

Mike