Your test holds no merit. What gearing are you using, how many RPM's does your motor rev to? I agrre w/you that most people who say their banshee goes 110 is bullshiting, but what happens if you run a 17 tooth front, and 38 rear sprocket w/almost limitless room and your motor revs to 10,500 or 11,000 RPM's? You might just hit 110. Not trying to be a dick, just some food for thought.

Your test holds no merit. What gearing are you using, how many RPM's does your motor rev to? I agrre w/you that most people who say their banshee goes 110 is bullshiting, but what happens if you run a 17 tooth front, and 38 rear sprocket w/almost limitless room and your motor revs to 10,500 or 11,000 RPM's? You might just hit 110. Not trying to be a dick, just some food for thought.

limitless room means nothing. if you don t hit it in a quarter mile, you ain t hitting it. even with 18 38 gears, i was out of gear at the 8th.pinned in 6 th. my highest mph was 111 mph.lightened drag frame, street tires, ect.

a banshee with dirt tires, fenders, shocks,400 lb and a rider will never do 110 mph. it would be a vibrating mess at 90.

limitless room means nothing. if you don t hit it in a quarter mile, you ain t hitting it. even with 18 38 gears, i was out of gear at the 8th.pinned in 6 th. my highest mph was 111 mph.lightened drag frame, street tires, ect.

a banshee with dirt tires, fenders, shocks,400 lb and a rider will never do 110 mph. it would be a vibrating mess at 90.

I'd pay good money to see somebody try to run your old motor wide open on a stock chassis...

Mike

My point was actually that his test was not a good one. I by no means meant to say that exact combo of gearing would get you there, I wouldn't know. What I meant was that gear ratio and RPM's could come into the equation and make the difference between two piped banshees. Could you hit 110 on a piped banshee in a stock frame if you could hypothetically gear it that high and get a push start to actually be able to take off in first?......I highly doubt it before something breaks.

Its not that simple, even with the gearing necessary to go 100+ you need the HP to pull it. A piped shee otherwise stock will not do 100mph end of story, even with huge gearing and miles of miles of room. He could get maybe a couple more mph by gearing up but thats it before running out of HP, somewhere around 80 mph is going to be close for most piped banshees.

Edited by Master of Faster

Its not that simple, even with the gearing necessary to go 100+ you need the HP to pull it. A piped shee otherwise stock will not do 100mph end of story, even with huge gearing and miles of miles of room. He could get maybe a couple more mph by gearing up but thats it before running out of HP, somewhere around 80 mph is going to be close for most piped banshees.

Well said.

Because a Banshee has a Cd of a brick shithouse, wind resistance has a huge effect on top speed.

The relationship between wind resistance and speed is not linear, in fact wind resistance increases with the square of the speed.

Drag= Cd x air density x velocity(sq) x frontal area/2

( Reference:NASA )

This means that if a piped Banshee of typical 40HP can only manage 80mph, then the same Banshee under the same conditions requires 63HP to get to 100mph.

Its not that simple, even with the gearing necessary to go 100+ you need the HP to pull it.

Well said.

You could theoretically gear it to do 120MPH....then first feels like 3rd...and it won't even think about pulling 4, 5th or 6th...

Last time I was at the track with my bud's shee...it did 74 in bone stock form. We took the front fenders off...and it did 77.

I thought that was funny....