banshee vs crf 450

They are fast but can be beat. My buddy has a yz 426f and that things scares the hell out of me, but i can take him in the sand and on the road but im no where near stock. His 426 has a pipe, filter and a aftermarket LRD suspension. Also a sand paddle for the sand. He has beat the new 450s too though.

Edited by speedfreak350

Are you guys kidding? My fatass hasnt lost to a 450 yet,yamaha or honda-14front,40rear,port&polish,+4 timing,lighten flywheel,polished 28mm keihns,+2front and rear tires with extreme haulers with T-5 pipes,dont get me wrong, they are close races,but no defeats :cheers: I will race a few more and report back :bolt:

Are you guys kidding? My fatass hasnt lost to a 450 yet,yamaha or honda-14front,40rear,port&polish,+4 timing,lighten flywheel,polished 28mm keihns,+2front and rear tires with extreme haulers with T-5 pipes,dont get me wrong, they are close races,but no defeats :cheers: I will race a few more and report back :bolt:

He's asked about the crf... not the weak ass trx/yfz...

Mike

yes being both a banshee owner, and a CRF450 owner i would have to give the nod to the CRF. This damn bike is fast. on the road you can loft the front end in any gear. its a bit scary.

Lake%203.JPG

Just a pic from this last weekend riding.

and yes i did clear the triple!!!

Edited by CombatTalon2

yes being both a banshee owner, and a CRF450 owner i would have to give the nod to the CRF. This damn bike is fast. on the road you can loft the front end in any gear. its a bit scary.

Lake%203.JPG

Just a pic from this last weekend riding.

and yes i did clear the triple!!!

:whoa: i want one..

They Are quick bikes, yet I have friends who are big into the MX scene, one has a KX 250 the other has a yz 450, when they drag they are even off the line and the KX slowly pulls away for the last 100 feet of the race they were dragging around 300 feet. I raced the yz 450 too we were going from a 20 mph start and he accelerated like a motherfucker, but I soon caught up and passed. From what I see they are as quick as hell, even though I beat it I do not think I would beat it 10 out of 10 times :cheers:

If he looped it out on the start and couldn't get it started again in time...:)

My ex-roomie had an 03...with a pipe, that was it.

It's not even right...period. I've had a 94 CR250 and two 97CR250s. I clearly see why the big boys are all going 4 stroke. What they lose in weight, they more than make up for in the grip the dirt, shit and get category....

With a good rider on the CRF...no way, unless you were in the dunes and had a 90HP shee...then, it would be interesting...and the CRF would still have more on top end.

My neighbor has a almost brand new crf450 and he is an ex motocrosser but in a drag race on the pavement and in the sand i can tear him up, and that was with my t-6 pipes and now that i am closer on my jetting and i have some shearers I know he doesn't stand a chance. He won't even race me anymore.