440ex

what bout a 440 with +4.5 mm stroke ... idk itd still suck

It would be better than your fourwheeler, really 400ex's are good bikes. You cant hardly break them. It will smoke a stock banshee pretty good, but not your ported banshee. If he ported it and polished it and put a 440 kit in it, then it have around 45-50 hp id say. A piped/hot cam stage 2 400ex will beat a stock banshee, so go figure.

Edited by Banshee~

Not really sure about a 440 ex but I have a friend that has a 416 ex with cam, port & Polish, full pipe, air filter, CDI Box, 39mm FCR Carb, All of that junk. It actually runs decent But still no match for a ported Banshee. My banshee is pretty much stock except for pipes, Ported and cool head and I can beat him by about 3 bikes in 300 ft. and just keep pulling on him. He is about 1 1/2 bikes behind a stock 450.

A 400 ex motor is just too outdated. I think instead of changing the plastic they should have updated the motor instead. Atleast to try to make it run with a z400.

that doesnt do much for the 400 ex vs 450s just some more umff but not enough

Excactly... about the same as putting pipes on a 'shee...

i smoked a stock one lasted weekend everytime i raceed him and its had a pipe thats it

I hope so.... The ex's are turds unless you bomb them to 465 alky drag bike... then it's still slow as shit considering it's a "drag" bike... You buy an ex one of three reasons.. or maybe all the above..

1. Your a chick

2. Your a noob/young kid

3. You need a play bike

Mike

It would be better than your fourwheeler, really 400ex's are good bikes. You cant hardly break them. It will smoke a stock banshee pretty good, but not your ported banshee. If he ported it and polished it and put a 440 kit in it, then it have around 45-50 hp id say. A piped/hot cam stage 2 400ex will beat a stock banshee, so go figure.

are you talkin bout beatin a shee on a straight line or on the track???? if the 400 ex is a OHC motor then i can see why its tough to kill