best wheeler in sand

im going to be building a duneplay /hillshooter and im wondering what is the best ride for dunes. i ve only ever ridden a banshee so i have nothing to compare it to. IM GOING TO BE USING A MOTORCYCLE ENGINE so dont base your claims on power. im concerned with ride and controll only. ive read old 250r is the best for mx and trails.

basically im thinking either a raptor 660 or yfz 450 chassis

whats your thoughts??

prolly going to be biased being on bansheehq but everyone here is way more help full than the douches on planetsand.

Edited by mnduner

either way im going to have to modify the top and bottom of the frame to fit it in. i was thinking like stretching maybe 2-3 inches for the 450. what about a banshee? how do they compare to other quads in the sand?

i dont know shit either thats why im asking how other things ride :D

Edited by mnduner

either way im going to have to modify the top and bottom of the frame to fit it in. i was thinking like stretching maybe 2-3 inches for the 450. what about a banshee? how do they compare to other quads in the sand?

i dont know shit either thats why im asking how other things ride :D

IMO Banshee is best all around sand quad , weak when it comes to jumping. Have ridden Raptor seat feels too tall. At 6ft 215 pounds I feel hunched over riding the 450 and the 250r feels too small .

ive seen ds with bike motors and tehy fit in there pretty good. but where im at they are pretty uncommon to find.mn. im gonna try and get a yfz450 and if that falls through ill try for either a banshee or raptor roller.

has any one actually ridden a ds,banshee,raptor,yfz and can compare them for me? i know raptors sit kind of high but i think that ds do too. and ive seen a banshees with 4cyl motors and they dont look like a natural fit. i dunno i guess ill make whatever i find for a good deal work :shrugani:

I've ridden them all, the Banshee chassis is the most comfortable for dune crusing. The 450's are cramped and the Raptor is too tall in stock trim. Of course the Banshee may not be the best handling but you're talking about putting a streetbike motor in it that weighs a ton more than any of the stock motors, so its pretty much gonna handle like crap no matter what chassis you put it in. :confused: