Yamaha Banshee or Honda TRX 450?

:( I am currently trying to buy my first quad. I have came down to two choices that i thought were good quads --the banshee 2006 or the honda trx 2006. I ride mostly sand and dirt trails in my area with a few tight trails, and there is plenty of average hills and lots of sand pits with high hills. The one thing that really gets me is the fact that you have to rebuild the banshee every year from some friends i talked to. They said the honda will last longer and is better. They also :shrugani: said that banshees are heavy and junky and that they can only be rebuilt so many times and the motors are easy to blow. How long can a banshee go before you have to rebuild it? How much can you rebuild it until the motor needs to be replaced(if possible)? how much would it cost in Canadian dollars? In my opinion the banshee looks sweeter because its got an old time look to it and i heard they are crazy to ride, so please i know its alot to answer but can any of you guys help me out?

i would go with the banshee... if you dont you will regret it in a couples yrs cus you wont get a new one and might not be too many for sale when ppl know they cant get a new one either.. ppl tell you they need rebiult all the time.. well if you take care of it it will run as long as anything else.. my 95 still has stock gaskets and pistons etc.... never been open...

True, I have a 05 TLD and just bought a 06 Banshee. I ride sand a few times a year, but at least I have one :D I think a few people might back me up on this but, if you add a few mods to that banshee, thier won't be many 4 strokes that will beable to keep up.

Buy them both, I did! The Honda is maybe 30lbs lighter, max. It's easier to ride because the power comes on smoother and the suspension is a lot better than a stock banshee's. The 2 downsides to a 450R are the that mods are way more expensive to do to a 4 stroke and you get less horsepower dollar for dollar. Maintenance is less on the Honda, but you don't get the same thrill when you push the throttle. It's all preference I guess, but I would recommend the 450R to a less experienced rider or if you right a lot of woods. The YFZ450 is a nice bike, but it will beat your ass to death riding it all day. Plus alot of people don't know me on this site and don't know that I work for Honda. Please don't hurt me. :bolt: