Da Vinci Code

warwgn

well rkc, the reason we allways talk about it and bring it up and seem to care so much is thats how science and reasoning work. You always keep asking and always keep looking. Albert Einstein once wrote, "The important thing is to not stop questioning," if we just accept something as truth like the bible thumpers do how can we ever expect to improve our selves, how can we ever make new discovries?? If you remember the line from the men in black, something like"1500 years ago men knew the sun revolved around the earth, 1000 years ago we knew the earth was flat, 500 years ago we knew we were the center of the universe, 10 min ago you knew there were no aliens and we were alone. Just think what you will know tomorrow" somthing close to that anyway. My point is there is always more to learn about everything, once you close off your mind and refuse to look at the evidence you are done with life and become a mindless retard following the masses!

And before you try and twist what I am saying and think I have closed off my mind to god, remember I said " once you close off your mind and refuse to look at the evidence " there is no evidence of god as of today, but once there is i will be very happy to look into it!!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well rkc, the reason we allways talk about it and bring it up and seem to care so much is thats how science and reasoning work. You always keep asking and always keep looking. Albert Einstein once wrote, "The important thing is to not stop questioning," if we just accept something as truth like the bible thumpers do how can we ever expect to improve our selves, how can we ever make new discovries?? If you remember the line from the men in black, something like"1500 years ago men knew the sun revolved around the earth, 1000 years ago we knew the earth was flat, 500 years ago we knew we were the center of the universe, 10 min ago you knew there were no aliens and we were alone. Just think what you will know tomorrow" somthing close to that anyway. My point is there is always more to learn about everything, once you close off your mind and refuse to look at the evidence you are done with life and become a mindless retard following the masses!

And before you try and twist what I am saying and think I have closed off my mind to god, remember I said " once you close off your mind and refuse to look at the evidence " there is no evidence of god as of today, but once there is i will be very happy to look into it!!

warwgn, 1st I want to thank you for your thoughtful responce.2nd I want to thank you for your polite manner.I won't look at your "thumper" comment as a insult (even if it was it's well with in the bounds of civility) because I am a thumper. I have been commissioned by the great commission "spread the gospel" I have done so with your permission you are a volunteer in the roo roo.You also are a secular thumper if you have the honesty to admit it.

We do agree about questioning authority,(ideas or people)and promoting higher education.Do you know the contributions of christians to education? You could start with Harvard.Are you aware of christian physicist or molecular biologist? How about top nasa engineers openly christian.Did you know sir Isaac newton was great believer in God and Jesus(he did not believe Jesus was God)Newton was problaby the greatest mind ever.I venture to say he would be a christian today also, because of the way he reasoned that physics pointed to God.Just like Francis S. Collins who mapped the human genome and is still in charge of the the project today. If you're really interested in evidence(not just talk, like most) then read his new book "the Language of God"

Albert Einstein started the 5 points of the probability of God.

surge

1. S- the second law of themodynamics

2. U- the universe is expanding

3. R- radiation from the big bang

4. G- great galaxy seeds

5. E- Einstein's theory of general relativity

There almost no dissension from these 5 ideas proving the universe had a beginning.Breaking the 1st law of physics: something can not come from nothing. The question arises why is there something instead of nothing? Einstein knew what the implications of his theory were, that there was a God he was so upset with this, that this theory got shelved for a few years until an intern picked it up again.

I'm not sure if you took my comments to your ex-christian link, as me twisting it. I did not. It was not clear to me if you were athiest or not but your link blogger is. I know you are not used to my type of questions Example:your answer, science = caring. Science tells us nothing about the existence of God.Philosophy interrupts yeah or ney.This is a big tactic of mine playing devils advocate. Ideas have consequences and the tricky part, unintended consequences.There is a God or there is not a God these are the only two choices we have (agnostics don't change the premise of logic ,a is a , a is not non a).So my point was if there is no God the only alternative is that you are a pile of chemicals only. Chemicals don't care, even if they talk(who cares) you have no authority to your emotions you steal them from christians. you are indeibly stained by christian group think and unable to shake it off. If you stand back at the edge of the universe with out God you have to admit it doesn't care if you live or die because you have no meaning.Regardless if you think you do.

Edited by rkc

Chemicals were around LONG before any bible, or god, not to mention parts of the universe unfound.

If something can't come from nothing where did "god" come from???

If something can't come from nothing then where did the planets much older than earth come from?, did god also create them and forget to mention them, some twice the size of our small planet.

If something can't come from nothing how was the entire earth and ALL it inhabitants created, even some species new to earth.

How dose Santa make it all the way around the earth in a single night, delivering to all the deserving children?

I knew you were a Reverend.

Chemicals were around LONG before any bible, or god, not to mention parts of the universe unfound.

If something can't come from nothing where did "god" come from???

If something can't come from nothing then where did the planets much older than earth come from?, did god also create them and forget to mention them, some twice the size of our small planet.

If something can't come from nothing how was the entire earth and ALL it inhabitants created, even some species new to earth.

How dose Santa make it all the way around the earth in a single night, delivering to all the deserving children?

I knew you were a Reverend.

sorry shee-male, I expected more from you.your questions are incoherent.

thanks for constant self exposure to your lack of character. YOU'RE A NAME CALLER, what you do best.

Edited by rkc

sorry shee-male, I expected more from you.your questions are incoherent.

thanks for constant self exposure to your lack of character. YOU'RE A NAME CALLER, what you do best.

My bad...is it Preist?, Minister?, Paster?, Bishop?, Pope?, David Koresh?, your holyness?

wow, and I expected more from you. hmmmm......I guess I'm not surprised.

Ha, most if not all of the "name calling" and "hate talk" in this thread has been done by the Holier Than thou crowd. Just go back and read this thread LMAO! The hate talk and violent threats have been made by the religious hypocrites. Ha ha, I my self have been threatened in this thread just for having a different point of view.

Hmmm that is some group that you like to associate your self with rkc.

pretty bold statement... too bad it has no merit and is pure opinion of its author

...so this is what they teach you at your local community college ?

Ha, most if not all of the "name calling" and "hate talk" in this thread has been done by the Holier Than thou crowd. Just go back and read this thread LMAO! The hate talk and violent threats have been made by the religious hypocrites. Ha ha, I my self have been threatened in this thread just for having a different point of view.

Hmmm that is some group that you like to associate your self with rkc.

not really i thin kyo uhave that backwards friend .Did somebody hurt your civil rights again ?:baseball_wibble: better call your lawyer

Edited by rocketboy

Ha ha, first off cockboy. YOUR NOT my friend! Your nothing but a pathetic fucking troll. Perhaps your time would be better spent going door to door and preaching your hypocritical nonsense. Then people can just slam the door in your face! Ok troll? :yankyank:

and cockboy talks about opinion and no merit/

well thats excately what you are doing

being there is NO factual proof of ANYTHING in the bible,

and being we can date the earth back further than the bible says is was formed, I would say that chemicals were here long before your book says

so now dont you look stupid cockboy

Edited by helldriver

being there is NO factual proof of ANYTHING in the bible,

whats crackin me up is not one of you fucking idiots have offered up anything to prove there isnt a god, therefore everything you say is moronic, but at the same time comical, there isnt factual proof of anything, so why dont one of you prove there isnt a god?

whats crackin me up is not one of you fucking idiots have offered up anything to prove there isnt a god, therefore everything you say is moronic, but at the same time comical, there isnt factual proof of anything, so why dont one of you prove there isnt a god?

Blue, You speak the truth. There is never going to be proof one way or another.It takes FAITH to believe for or against God. Smart people admit their limited knowledge in this vast universe and beyond. It's only the superstitious and naive who can't see their own faith.