Da Vinci Code

warwgn

"You people"? I am only speaking for myself. I do not know what values other people have, therefor I can only speak of my own. And if your own faith was as strong as you claim, nothing could be said to you in this thread to throw you from that path. Only the guilt and struggle within could be that strong.

You did not at all address the paradox of your dilemma. I know you better than probably anyone and you know and I know that you and me are very much alike. I don't claim to be any better or worse than you because I know that I am not. In the 28yrs I have known you, I only tried to talk to you about Jesus a couple of times because you would so quickly get so upset but I never let it come between us. I walked with you the full mile...twain. If you claim that you are a tolerant person why are you compelled to argue against Christians? You know you are just like me and you can accept Jesus if you want but if you don't want to, don't raise hell against me because I choose too. For you to do so is nothing but envy of something that you could have for free if you wanted and that makes no sense at all. Christians are defending themselves against the lies (admitted fiction) of the Davinci code and against those who say there is no God in this thread. Which are you?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EnForcer

It's nearly impossible to have multiple conversions at once (after all we are guys) & with no dissrespect to others but it might be more satisfying if you and converse for a few posts.

rkc, you seem to have taken the high road here in this thread and I respect that.

And from what I have seen from your post, you seem to be a good and moral person.

I have no problem with your faith and or beliefs. But then again I have no problem with anyone's faith of beliefs.

You did not at all address the paradox of your dilemma. I know you better than probably anyone and you know and I know that you and me are very much alike. I don't claim to be any better or worse than you because I know that I am not. In the 28yrs I have known you, I only tried to talk to you about Jesus a couple of times because you would so quickly get so upset but I never let it come between us. I walked with you the full mile...twain. If you claim that you are a tolerant person why are you compelled to argue against Christians? You know you are just like me and you can accept Jesus if you want but if you don't want to, don't raise hell against me because I choose too. For you to do so is nothing but envy of something that you could have for free if you wanted and that makes no sense at all. Christians are defending themselves against the lies (admitted fiction) of the Davinci code and against those who say there is no God in this thread. Which are you?

I have nothing against Christians, or any other faith, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish ect. I just believe one can be a good person regardless what their faith is. And I have no paradox or dilemma in my life.

I have nothing against Christians, or any other faith, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish ect. I just believe one can be a good person regardless what their faith is. And I have no paradox or dilemma in my life.

This is just food for thought, since you are open to talking (at least when your addressed in a similar manner) let me play devils advocate with you. You must have a problem with Christ especially since the bible sets Christ apart from every other religion(I know all religions are said to say the same thing -they don't, buddist don't have a problem if your a christian) Christ claimed to be the one and only God and also claimed no one will get to heaven/father except through him. He can be only one of three persons. God , lunatic or conman!

Fair enough sir. I won't compile a list of your posts that show the hypocrisy of what you say about tolerance, morals and ethics if you don't compose a list showing mine.

Someone said if forgiveness is not a concept that you embrace and you are lacking in inner peace, that is why. Actually I just said it, but I don't deserve the credit. I'll send you a pm tonight. It would be nice if we could work this out. Please just don't reply if you are not up for it right now (being friendly). I've told you many times how highly I think of you and respect you in so many ways. Maybe not enough, but can anyone hear that enough? :)

This is just food for thought, since you are open to talking (at least when your addressed in a similar manner) let me play devils advocate with you. You must have a problem with Christ especially since the bible sets Christ apart from every other religion(I know all religions are said to say the same thing -they don't, buddist don't have a problem if your a christian) Christ claimed to be the one and only God and also claimed no one will get to heaven/father except through him. He can be only one of three persons. God , lunatic or conman!

rkc am I wrong if I were to try to convey accepting Jesus (to an adult) as accepting

the perfectly virtuous nature that He (God) is. God is perfection. If it can be

conceived of it is possible and in an infinite universe, invariably it IS.

god is total imperfection

just look at the bible any rational person cans ee it faults, and contradictions

one does not nore need jesus in their life to be a good person

but it is better to be more on than off

Heaven is supposed to be a perfect place. It is of course, the place you strive for and name

Edited by helldriver

rkc am I wrong if I were to try to convey accepting Jesus (to an adult) as accepting

the perfectly virtuous nature that He (God) is. God is perfection. If it can be

conceived of it is possible and in an infinite universe, invariably it IS.

Let me guess,someone asked you (was it blue duece, man's got a brain) how do we use observation to investigate an unobservable being called God? How do we defened truth! It's going to take some thinking on my part to put that in a paragraph there are a few componets from the top down but yes we can prove it & the universe in not infinite it has the potential to be infinite but it has a finite number of particles and it does have growing edges.If I have your question right let me know. I'll be back in a couple of hours! Clear me up if I need it. Can the infinite be concieved by the finite. remember God does have limits. He cannot not love, He cannot make a rock so big he can't move it!

Edited by rkc

I sort of understand what you are saying rkc but I can also show you the circular logic of the bible that will always disprove those who are wise in their own eyes yet prudent in their own sight. I had a very hard time learning this and I will always call God Jesus with a very humble fear of the Almighty, yet I have no fear defending what Jesus IS, a spirit, as is God; the same Spirit.

Does that make sense?

You can't put God in a box and if you say God must be called Jesus then you have named the ineffable name and Jesus never did that. Jesus said that ONLY He knows who the Father is and only the Father knows who Jesus is. The other part will mess you up if you aren't careful...and he to whom Jesus will reveal him. I turn it over to God. I don't have to reach any certain mark of perfection or understanding. Jesus already did that for me and as soon as I think I am right, I am surely wrong because it says in Hebrews "let God be true but EVERY man a liar, as it is written that thou might be justified in thy sayings and overcome when thou art judged". I accept Jesus as my Lord and saviour. Does that make sense?

Do you belive there are aliens?

Its a big universe.

chupacabra?

He can be found at a number of Cuban discos in Florida. I had a picture of it someone sent me around here somewhere, and now I can't find it. I'll see if I can get around to finding it.

bigfoot?

The original! Hell I saw Bigfoot when I was 12. I think it was Bob Schandler driving it even. It was up against the Chevy Stomper Bully.

dinosaurs?

Dinosaur land is abound 300 miles due east of here. Kind of cool seeing a bunch of old bones.

I sort of understand what you are saying rkc but I can also show you the circular logic of the bible that will always disprove those who are wise in their own eyes yet prudent in their own sight. I had a very hard time learning this and I will always call God Jesus with a very humble fear of the Almighty, yet I have no fear defending what Jesus IS, a spirit, as is God; the same Spirit.

Does that make sense?

You can't put God in a box and if you say God must be called Jesus then you have named the ineffable name and Jesus never did that. Jesus said that ONLY He knows who the Father is and only the Father knows who Jesus is. The other part will mess you up if you aren't careful...and he to whom Jesus will reveal him. I turn it over to God. I don't have to reach any certain mark of perfection or understanding. Jesus already did that for me and as soon as I think I am right, I am surely wrong because it says in Hebrews "let God be true but EVERY man a liar, as it is written that thou might be justified in thy sayings and overcome when thou art judged". I accept Jesus as my Lord and saviour. Does that make sense?

I think I was a little off in deciphering your question(story of my life) I think we're now talking about the trinity I hold to the traditional

orthodox view 3 persons 1 nature, 3 who's 1 what and still considered monotheistic it goes beyond reason but not against it(I can apprehend it but not comprehend it) most of us on the thread have confessed" I don't have all the answers "this is one of them.

I claim 1 COR:13,12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror: then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. I believe the 3 person are equal even though Jesus volunteered to remove his heavenly rights when he was here. God has many names through out the bible. Do you come from thoughts of a Jesus only belief I like to try to keep it clear not get too esoteric I spent some of my past with new agers & Tibetan buddhist to much connotation.

Edited by rkc

i wonder if the saying "truth is stranger than fiction" is true, i dont think anyone is slick enough to just make up the bible, i know Steven King's not that good a writer.............helldriver you seem like a "show me" kinda guy, so think about this and let me know your take on it....... if man is multiplying, which i think youd agree with, how many men or women did the world start with? 1? 2? a million? on an avarage are there more people dying than being born? and yes id agree with you on the incest thing if there were only 1 man and 1 woman but, if THEY did come from god according to the bible they were perfect, therefore their jeans wernt tainted as yours and mine are, IF (and i say that because i know you dont believe in a god) god created adam and eve, the key word is CREATED, they were not born to a woman, let me use this analigy because you'll prabally understand my point, if you had an 8 ball of pure meth and so did i and we mixed them together we'd have a 1/4 oz of pure speed, but if over time we both slipped in a half gram of buff, after a while wouldnt we have some pretty shitty stash?, thats why if you and i were to screw our sisters we'd have some whacked kids, thats where incest came from, if we would have never became disconected from god there would have never been any buff to taint our stash. we would have all been pure........

Edited by Blue Duece

We're all born upon the cross

The throw before the toss

You can release yourself

But the only way is down

We don't come alone

We are fire we are stone

We're the hand that writes

Then quickly moves away

Ronnie James Dio - Last in Line

87 pages and you fruitcakes are still arguing about god!!!You need to start a new topic, this was supposed to be abot a stupid book and the reaction of all the bible thumpers freaking out cause it says jesus was married and had a kid.

I wouldnt be suprised if this thing makes 100 pages!!!!!