Da Vinci Code

warwgn

enFORCER, you're brilliant!

Most of the bible pushers are raised that way, many people don't want to rock the boat so they go along with it, baptising their kids and dragging them to chuch because it used to be a social thing and in some places still is, this is also why we are reffered to as sheep in the bible.

They say the bible is time tested..well thats before the knowlage we've gained over the years.

Think about it, its 200AD and your standing outside in your sandles and the clouds roll in, and a bolt of lightning takes out a tree crushing a local villager who apperantly stole a chunk of bread, knowing nothing about electricity or weather this looks like an act of "gods" wrath, yet if this happened today we know different.

With all the advancments in technolagy comes knowlage, we retain and know more in our yonng years then the previous generation (sorry ol' BLUE), this is (like it or not) proof of evolution.

Meat, you think the story of Noha's ark is far fetched, you should see some of the other stories :baseball_w00t: like the tower of babble, the story of Johna, ask your friends mom, you'll get a kick out of those.

I'm deefinatley on the same page as you, the bible is missing HUGE chuncks of fact like this VAST universe, primitive man, or new species created.

Because the bible was originally written in sandscript, its translation it less than perfect and very vague, so people interprit it differently to suit their needs or belifes, you could argue the same for the existance of the tooth fairy.

If religion realy dose interst you, you should check out the others from around the globe, I studdied world religions for 3 years and let me tell ya there is some interesting stuff, all with their own reasons of our exsirtance and why their religion is the "real" one, its also neat to see the trend of religion and even how some early egyption belifes and characters were adopted by chritianity.

It realy is interesting. :baseball_original:

:clap: awsome, totally awsome post :clap:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the LXX, one more post for good measure.

1 For they have said, reasoning with themselves, but not right: The time of our life is short and tedious, and in the end of a man there is no remedy, and no man hath been known to have returned from hell:

2 For we are born of nothing, and after this we shall be as if we had not been: for the breath in our nostrils is smoke: and speech a spark to move our heart,

3 Which being put out, our body shall be ashes, and our spirit shall be poured abroad as soft air, and our life shall pass away as the trace of a cloud, and shall be dispersed as a mist, which is driven away by the beams of the sun, and overpowered with the heat thereof:

4 And our name in time shall be forgotten, and no man shall have any remembrance of our works.

5 For our time is as the passing of a shadow, and there is no going back of our end: for it is fast sealed, and no man returneth.

6 Come therefore, and let us enjoy the good things that are present, and let us speedily use the creatures as in youth.

7 Let us fill ourselves with costly wine, and ointments: and let not the flower of the time pass by us.

8 Let us crown ourselves with roses, before they be withered: let no meadow escape our riot.

9 Let none of us go without his part in luxury: let us everywhere leave tokens of joy: for this is our portion, and this our lot.

10 Let us oppress the poor just man, and not spare the widow, nor honour the ancient grey hairs of the aged.

11 But let our strength be the law of justice: for that which is feeble, is found to be nothing worth.

12 Let us therefore lie in wait for the just, because he is not for our turn, and he is contrary to our doings, and upbraideth us with transgressions of the law, and divulgeth against us the sins of our way of life.

13 He boasteth that he hath the knowledge of God, and calleth himself the son of God.

14 He is become a censurer of our thoughts.

15 He is grievous unto us, even to behold: for his life is not like other men's, and his ways are very different.

16 We are esteemed by him as triflers, and he abstaineth from our ways as from filthiness, and he preferreth the latter end of the just, and glorieth that he hath God for his father.

17 Let us see then if his words be true, and let us prove what shall happen to him, and we shall know what his end shall be.

18 For if he be the true son of God, he will defend him, and will deliver him from the hands of his enemies.

19 Let us examine him by outrages and tortures, that we may know his meekness and try his patience.

20 Let us condemn him to a most shameful death: for there shall be respect had unto him by his words.

21 These things they thought, and were deceived: for their own malice blinded them.

22 And they knew not the secrets of God, nor hoped for the wages of justice, nor esteemed the honour of holy souls.

23 For God created man incorruptible, and to the image of his own likeness he made him.

24 But by the envy of the devil, death came into the world:

25 And they follow him that are of his side.

Chapter 3

1 But the souls of the just are in the hand of God, and the torment of death shall not touch them.

2 In the sight of the unwise they seemed to die: and their departure was taken for misery:

3 And their going away from us, for utter destruction: but they are in peace.

4 And though in the sight of men they suffered torments, their hope is full of immortality.

5 Afflicted in few things, in many they shall be well rewarded: because God hath tried them, and found them worthy of himself.

6 As gold in the furnace he hath proved them, and as a victim of a holocaust he hath received them, and in time there shall be respect had to them.

7 The just shall shine, and shall run to and fro like sparks among the reeds.

8 They shall judge nations, and rule over people, and their Lord shall reign for ever.

9 They that trust in him, shall understand the truth: and they that are faithful in love shall rest in him: for grace and peace is to his elect.

:yelrotflmao: came across this and thought it fits perfectly for idiots like 04le and rkc

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many non christians about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian

Edited by helldriver

heres what cracks me up, helldriver ive asked you 15 times now, if theres not a god what then?, and you still keep posting half baked shit from some darkside web site, and my eight year old has better grammer and spelling.......the FUCKING PROBLEM IS YOU, MEAT AND A FEW OTHERS HAVNT GOT A FUCKING CLUE, BUT YOUR POSITIVE THERES NOT A GOD, until one of you clues me in on whats really up im just going to think as i always have your fucking morons, the smartest most educated men with the highest IQ's ever recorded think theres a higher power, but ol fucking, meat and dickpuffer, say otherwise so...... it must fucking be so.......until one of you offers an alternitive, you have to realize you sound like idiots.......i mean read your post's.....usually when some one disagree's they have an alternitive answer but none of you do........... you just disagree, until one of you can answer the #1 wonder of this world ya ought to maybe just shut the fuck up!!!!!

umm blue douche,,, i answered that question like 10,000 posts ago,,,

go back and search for it, or are you to lazy?

you keep saying im saying the same thing,, so go back and look, so I dont repeat myself.

i give answers,, i dont diodge them like the bible assholes

a higher power? you mean like something above god? like who the hell created god if there is one?

Edited by helldriver

umm blue douiche,,, i answered that question like 10,000 psots ago,,,

go back and search for it

i give answers,, i dont diodge them like the bible assholes

well since you like to post so much maybe ya outta do it again, cause ive read all your crap and dont see it............im not trying to diodge looking for it

a higher power? you mean like something above god?

no like how did the guy who fucked your moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms,moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms, moms.........mom get here?, a cheery bomb a sky rocket, how?

blue douche, you forgot your moms mom,,, :yelrotflmao:

well actually if you go by the big book of lies and deceit,, you could say that we are all products of incest, cause ya know if we came from 2 people, mathamaticaly they would have been fuckin family members,,, BUT than again the bible does indeed condon incest, so maybe it is possible :shrug:

duece, the burdon of proof should be answered by the ones claiming there is a god, not us. Why should we have to prove that there is no god ? Its impossible to prove that there is no man in the sky. The burdon of proof lies on your shoulders, the ones making the claims. And even tho I respect all you guys have said in trying to convice me there's a god, I gotta be honest and tell ya it still doenst make a lick of sense to me.

I mean no disrespect either. Its hard to argue my points without sounding condesending, so I just wanna make that clear to you guys. I really don't know rtc at all, but blue duece, rjvoight and 04le are all very good people and I'm the kind of guy that always keeps an open mind. I'm just about done posting in this thread, iv said about all I can say, but I wanna thank you three guys for your opinions. I NEVER assume I'm right 100% of the time and I'm always up for hearing the other side of the story. But Im a guy who likes hardcore facts, I like to completly understand whats going on and with that said, I gotta tell yas, the evolution theories sound way way more convincing than the god theorys.

Man has come along way in the past 100 years..... I wonder whats in store for us the next 100 ?? We have mapped the human genome, we can clone now, we can make babies in a test tube, we can see galaxies and universes billions of miles away that are billions of years old. Maybe, just maybe, god himself will come down from heaven and thats the day the whole world will understand the truth.

Meat your disingenuous. Your not just about the facts you love your faith too.Carl Sagen made the ultimate statement of faith in atheistic materialism he claimed "the cosmosis is all that is or ever was or ever will be". How did he know for sure? He didn,t.How could he. He's a limited human w/ limited knowledge. Both of us love our religious faith. You and HD talk about proof when it's really about probability. To bad your leaving this thing never got off the ground to many quick responces not enough mulling over points. I wrote one of the greatest questions from great debates nobody will take a crack at it. (it's not bcz I wrote it ,it's not mine, but bcz it might be written by God unanswerable. Where did you get the idea it's our burden to prove God. This isn't court but a possible relationship.

Edited by rkc

well I need proof to belive that something is real

you saying its about probabilty is just your way of not being able to answer all the questions i have put before you

its easy to say "oh it has to be god, what else could it be" and leave it at that, than reallys earch for the truth

Edited by helldriver

well I need proof to belive that something is real

you saying its about probabilty is just your way of not being able to answer all the questions i have put before you

its easy to say "oh it has to be god, what esle could it be" and leave it at that, than reallys earch for the trutgh

I know this is a public thread,but I,m interested in Meat's take or anybody elses. This will be my last response to you on this subject. Your definitely a MATTHEW 7:6

You have to also remember, because some dudes were writing a book in a tiny corner of our small planet, the world kept turning, acroos the globe no one else experianced any miricals life went on as usual, other religions were formed by other dudes, and other world changing events took place.

I talked to God last night, I asked him "why did you creat misquitos",( because those things really bother me) and he replied "why not?" , I asked "what do you mean Why not?" and he replied "cause I did"..??

he also told me he was angry with me for denoucing his religion and told me if I give 10% of my income per year and bring him some little boys I was garunteed a spot by his throne in the sky!

So there you have it folks....PROOF! :baseball_wassat:

HD....the Fundamentalist Christian post is THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He-She

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

For being so predictable! Isn't that a riot a couple dudes in a tiny part of the world a long time ago writing such a silly insignificance tiny book. Still rocks your world, mine too. Just can't help your self can you!

I suspect every time you grace the world with your deep wisdom you'll prove those "dudes" right.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

(sarcasm is a put down with a smile) :baseball_original:

thats the day the whole world will understand the truth.

Hmmm, truth and understanding. Now that is an interesting concept. Little of which has been demonstrated here by either side.

The English term "under-standing" means to be underneath reality. However, I can also understand TRUTH, which is the verbal mirror of material and transcendental reality.

Just a few words from a man who believes the path is wide enough for us all to walk on.