another toy!

If im not mistaken, State farm goes by the year model and engine size.

That explains why the insurance is more expensive on my '06 shadow 750

than when I got a quote on a '04 CBR600 f4i that I mainly had my eyes on.

PTT, isnt that what you've got? '04 yellow & black f4i?  :drool:

511878[/snapback]

I don't know about year but my understanding is a 600 is a 600 from state farm no matter what type of bike it is. Mines actually an '02 black and yellow F4i. Age also affects price, I couldn't see spending $2400 a year for insurance that's like throwing money away in my opinion, that'd put another quad in my stable before it'd support an insurance salesman. My gf says I need a liter bike next because the rear seats on the 600's have gotten very small and uncomfortable. Did the '04 F4i's come with the banana seat? '02 has separate seats.

I don't know about year but my understanding is a 600 is a 600 from state farm no matter what type of bike it is. Mines actually an '02 black and yellow F4i. Age also affects price, I couldn't see spending $2400 a year for insurance that's like throwing money away in my opinion, that'd put another quad in my stable before it'd support an insurance salesman.  My gf says I need a liter bike next because the rear seats on the 600's have gotten very small and uncomfortable. Did the '04 F4i's come with the banana seat? '02 has separate seats.

511894[/snapback]

Yeap. The 04 got the bananna seat. Coulda had it for 7200, brand spankin new, but that is a whole complete other story. :P

Insurance is one of those necessary evils. Gotta have it where I am.

Sorry to stray off topic.

Daryn, that's a sick bike you have. :headbang:

Edited by Hilarious

06 R1 newpictures003.jpg

511701[/snapback]

what a riot, my kids looking at all the dead shit hanging on the wall above your nice new bike saying "hey dad ill bet that kid shot those animals, what a pussy, a real man would have chased them down with a knife and stabbed em" fucking kids ya gotta love em.............

$2400 a year for insurance :blink: damn, that's about what i pay to cover 3 vehicles, my cbr600(f2), banshee, and the house combined. full coverage on everything.

my '92 cbr was never more than about $365 a year, full coverage, even when i bought it in '96, and 22 years old.

17 and riding a 1000 :o you better have some skills and a sensible head on your shoulders bud, or your gonna lose them both.

$2400 a year for insurance :blink: damn, that's about what i pay to cover 3 vehicles, my cbr600(f2), banshee, and the house combined.  full coverage on everything. 

my '92 cbr was never more than about $365 a year, full coverage, even when i bought it in '96, and 22 years old. 

17 and riding a 1000 :o you better have some skills and a sensible head on your shoulders bud, or your gonna lose them both.

512133[/snapback]

deffinately... ive ben riding since i was a little kid so my skills are up there, and yea im gonna take it easy for a while till i can adapt to the bike good, and when my leather suit comes in :dance:

Yeap. The 04 got the bananna seat. Coulda had it for 7200, brand spankin new, but that is a whole complete other story.  :P

Insurance is one of those necessary evils. Gotta have it where I am.

Sorry to stray off topic.

Daryn, that's a sick bike you have.  :headbang:

512040[/snapback]

Yeap you gotta have insurance. I got hit by an uninsured motorist about three weeks ago in my truck luckily and my insurance company is going after him for the damages instead of me having to take him to court. I had to pay my deductible but he won't be able to get his drivers license back until they get paid for the damages and in turn they will reimburse me my deductible. Well worth the money to have them do all the work, had he been insured he'd have saved a lot of money. That's a nice looking bike but I prefer the dual seat version. Also the older F4i's like mine and Locogato's were more comparable to the RR than the newer F4i's, the newer F4i's are more of a sport cruiser. I'd post a pic but photobucket doesn't like me today.

deffinately... ive ben riding since i was a little kid so my skills are up there, and yea im gonna take it easy for a while till i can adapt to the bike good, and when my  leather suit comes in  :dance:

512170[/snapback]

cool, it sounds like you know what you're doing and being smart about it. if you haven't been on the street yet, it's a whole different ball game bud. you really have to watch out for the other idiots on the road cuz it seems they sure aren't watching for you banghead

ride safe, ride smart, and have fun. it is possible to do all 3 at the same time :rolleyes:

sweet ass bike. i saw an r6 at they yamaha shop yesterday and it was sick...

511871[/snapback]

i rode an r6 and they are fucking sweet. the r1's are even better.

my buddy has one of them limited production yellow/black w/ gold wheels, number 28 of 500. pretty cool.