Flywheel Removal

watkins

Ok, heres my deal.. splitting the cases right now (stoker stuff coming very soon) and my flywheel puller stripped and some of the threads on the flywheel pulled out with it. Dealer said it would be a week before the next shipmen of pullers.

At this point I dont care if i screw up the flywheel, I'll just buy another one. Can someone give me some advise on getting this god forsaken flywheel off without the flywheel puller? Need to get the cases apart today.

napa sells a 3 jaw puller for like 20 bucks if that. i used them many of a time to remove the wheel. you have to put the jaw just right. but if your going to get a new one then just get a big ass impact adn when it stops pulling hit the shaft with a hammer it should pop it off.

when i go to the dealer to buy the motion pro puller ,i buy them 3 at a time 13 bucks each.the threads are so delicate.i also always hit the threads of the flywheel with penetrating oil and a small wire brush.the puller is by far the easiest way.i have seen many egged flywheels from people smacking them with a bfh.