compression testers

MILO

i have found the 25$ cheap ass ones always read low and vary alot .i have one that reads 125 psi in about every thing i test be it a lawn mower, weedeater, blaster, drag cheetah cub ..fucker might as wel lhave a sticker o n the face of it pointing to 125 mark IMO cheap testers =junk :angry:

Edited by rocketboy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit...Crap-On is a joke.  All you pay for is the name.  They are waaaaay overpriced.

508878[/snapback]

I think youre greatly mistaken. Seeing the Wyotech thinger I think you may be a mechanic in training. But when craftsman comes to my shop and hand delivers me a new socket I broke, or ratchet I jammed, or impact I didnt oil, Ill consider them on par with Snap On. Until then Ill gladly pay $115 for a rail of metric sockets, and have them wait on me hand and foot.

Buy good tools and youll never buy a cheap one again, its THAT MUCH Different.

Edited by gimmeabeer

i was gonna say that my first post but thought id sugar coat the craftsmen tools............... actually they dont really compare snap on is way above craftsman, the feel of Snap on is unmistakable plus the guy comes to you, will cuff ya shit with no intrest, kinda like he was selling dope, just shows up and fronts you a sack of goodies......... :cheers:

plus the guy comes to you, will cuff ya shit with no intrest, kinda like he was selling dope, just shows up and fronts you a sack of goodies......... :cheers:

509657[/snapback]

haha thats the fuckin truth.

I think youre greatly mistaken.  Seeing the Wyotech thinger I think you may be a mechanic in training.  But when craftsman comes to my shop and hand delivers me a new socket I broke, or ratchet I jammed, or impact I didnt oil, Ill consider them on par with Snap On.  Until then Ill gladly pay $115 for a rail of metric sockets, and have them wait on me hand and foot.

Buy good tools and youll never buy a cheap one again, its THAT MUCH Different.

509603[/snapback]

Haha I'm the opposite, I'll just but a couple $10 sets, I tend to lose shit before I break it most of the time.

I got my compression testor from alba, I dunno if it is good or not but seemed to work ok, untill the gague broke when I dropped it. I don't see how snapon would be so much better other than using a decent quality gauge. the rest is just some brass fittings and O-rings and a tube...

Haha I'm the opposite, I'll just but a couple $10 sets, I tend to lose shit before I break it most of the time.

I got my compression testor from alba, I dunno if it is good or not but seemed to work ok, untill the gague broke when I dropped it.  I don't see how snapon would be so much better other than using a decent quality gauge.  the rest is just some brass fittings and O-rings and a tube...

511041[/snapback]

I worked at snap on years back.I made the fittings, scockets and so on.You would be :whoa: on the difference between the materials and tolerances they used compared to craftsman.....

there is a big difference between snap on and craftsmans..craftsmans is okay but if you make your living with your tools you will buy snap on b/c when you need it its there.......

this is no lie i used a 7/8 snap on wrench on a bolt with a 5ft pipe on the end of it to break some bolts loose i used the snap on wrench to do about 10 bolts well the craftmans guy of the shop said give my craftsmans wrench a try used the same pipe and bent his wrench in half then took the snap-on wrench and broke the bolt loose.....are snap -on stuff over priced maybe but they are good tools......

I worked at snap on years back.I made the fittings, scockets and so on.You would be  :whoa:  on the difference between the materials and tolerances they used compared to craftsman.....

511081[/snapback]

i know. im needin a new toolbox for work REAL bad and dont have the cash for snap on, but i do not wanna get a craftsman if i can avoid it.

there is a big difference between snap on and craftsmans..craftsmans is okay but if you make your living with your tools you will buy snap on b/c when you need it its there.......

this is no lie i used a 7/8 snap on wrench on a bolt with a 5ft pipe on the end of it to break some bolts loose i used the snap on wrench to do about 10 bolts well the craftmans guy of the shop said give my craftsmans wrench a try used the same pipe and bent his wrench in half then took the snap-on wrench and broke the bolt loose.....are snap -on stuff over priced maybe but they are good tools......

511131[/snapback]

Well yea because the craftsman loosened it up a bit :lol::jesterlaugh:

I used a craftsman holesaw bit to drill a hole in my computer case. It was destroyed after the first hole. I was kicking myself for paying 3x more than the ones at lowes...

Edited by Justintoxicated

Craftsman makes good tools. Snap On makes great tools.

It's a toss up...driving to your local store, or waiting on the delivery guy...

If you can afford the Snap On, you will not be dissapointed.

My buddy used a cheap ass compression gauge on his sled.

It read 135, 180 and 145. (Yes..triple Ski Doo)

I told him if that was accurate, he'd need race gas for the center cylinder.. :P

My other buddy, who makes a living as a city Heavy Equipment mechanic spares no expense on his tools.

I borrowed his Snap On Comp tester, and whaddaya know, his sled tested out 140 across the board.

Needless to say, when that buddy with the sled bought his first banshee a month ago (98..hardly ridden) he brought the Snap On tester to check it.

125PSI in each...Like I said, he got the steal of the year on his shee. 98 for 1800. 100% bone stock! Down to the OE grips, tires, air filter, etc.

Just my .02...

I use Craftsman. If it fails me on a Sunday, I don't have to wait till Monday to get it replaced.

511273[/snapback]

i use snap-on and if it fails me on sunday i call my snap-on guy and he has a new tool to my pad in a half hour, plus turns me on to a hat or some stickers or even some new tool he knows ill dig just for the hassle, i couldnt get my axle keeper nut loose one weekend and the guy pulled up in his truck busted it loose, gave my little boy a snap-on windbreaker and didnt charge me shit, but i have gotton a top and bottom box full of tools from the guy over the years........