swing arm bolt

jury

Putting a new swinarm in and cant get the old one off, are there any tricks to get the swingarm bolt out, it spins freely but wont move out at all, i have pounded on it :angry: for ever ????

I would soak it in a lubricant of your choice (PB blaster like crazywheelerman said) overnight, then attack it with a sledge... That's what I had to do on my wife's blaster. Also, don't hit directly on the end of the shaft. Spin the nut on, then smack that....then you don't mushroom the threads on the shaft.

fluid,impact wrench,fluid,impact wrench..that will loosen it up inside the bushing.Then start with the hammer.

506677[/snapback]

and if that fails,THEN you get the sawzall, or 4 inch grinder and cut wheel.sometimes that bolt welds to the pivot sleeve purty darn good. i got a frame in my yard, the last bike i parted out, the guy was riding around with no nut on the pivot bolt that fuckers welded good and tight.i`ll get to it when i get to it.

Yeah the doosh i bought the bike from i dont think believed in bearings or sleeves, because there isnt any in there, the thing flops around like a fish on the the bolt....

cut the bitch off,so much for trying to re sell it..... :evil:

Well anyone have a extra swingarm bolt layin around??? thanks

Edited by jury