Banshee Reliabilty?

Hi everyone.

Having just sold my ltz 400 i know want a banshee. However all i want to know is if they would be as reliable as my old 4stroke suzuki quad?

I will be buying the best oil and filters and will be keeping the bike the best i can. I dont race them its just some fun round a self made track at our farm over here in Ireland.

I owned a banshee about 3yrs ago but it was fully tuned for road racing, after 2weeks its stopped going and it cost me

I think the banshee is very reliable. Ive heard of ported motors lasting 5 years without new rings!!! It all depends on your maintenance. Make sure to use good mixing oil, and to stay up on changing your tranny oil. Also, make sure that youre not running lean. Other than than, ride it like you stole it :cheers:

a banshee is no less reliable than a thumper. the owners compitence and maintanence ability plays a huge roll in how long your bike will last and run, daily weekly ect.i am amazed at the way some of the bikes i part out are put together, total death traps, finger tight bolts, no kotter pins in castle nuts.they are lucky they sell their bikes to me before they break their necks.

I have not had a rebuild yet and mine is an 01 with 122 and 120 psi in both cylinders! (knock on wood) As long as you keep up on cleaning your air filter and check for loose bolts, mix the gas properly, and tune you carbs every so often, it will last as long as it was meant to.

Edited by Dead Op

uuughhh I have not been so lucky with mine, bought it 2 years ago and its broke more than it runs, blew it up 4 times now, 1st time it was an airleak then the crank blew, and the next to times god only nows what happnd, i love the quad but god im suck of it breakin, always run ams and im a maintaince freak (My Acura has 150k on it) So i do take care of my stuff just cant win with my banshee, maybe 5th rebuilds a charm? Well see :cry: