gas prices

I always wonder how much the media affects the price of gas.

Every summer for as long as I can remember they've had those "Special Repots" talking about how high gas prices are going to reach over summer. Seems liike as soon as the media starts reporting it, gas prices start climbing - even like now when its not even close to memorial day! Kinda makes you wonder if the media is responding to the oil companies or if its the other way around.

On a side note: Can anyone remember the last time gas prices dropped after summer to a price lower than what it was before summer? I'm thinking it was 96-ish. I keep track of what I pay each time I fill up and I was looking back thru my book. I was paying 2.20 before last summer, best I did since then was 2.30 a few months ago.

Smart Car (LINK).  They were all over Rome.  Fuckers over there don't parallel park em, they just pull in perpendicular to the curb.  Bumper to bumper they're about as long as most cars are wide.  I would sooooooo take that thing off some sweet jumps!  :headbang:

505706[/snapback]

While in Europe I asked how those things hold up in accidents and they said they work like a pingpong ball they just bounce off of stuff. I still say you're dead if you get hit by anything bigger than a jeep in one of those.