LRD 520 Banshee Supermoto Racer

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read this article today and it kinda pissed me off.

They tell ya straight out that this banshee was built to go fast, then they test ride it and say "yah its scary fast but its a handfull to ride, doesnt handle that great, and would take to alot of energy and concentration to ride an entire race!

To which i thought...

IT'S A FRIGGIN BANSHEE!

Don't say it was built to be eye watering fast and then complain about how it handles.

WTF did they think a 520cc kit would be like. This banshee was ment to go from point A to point B faster than anything else on the track, peroid, not handle like an F1 car.

I think the test riders at dirt wheels are gettin soft from ridin to many 4-stroke quads with their "perfect handling","super fast engines", electric starters, and blah blah blah blah...

They are just so hooked on those 4-strokes they don't write about anything else. I guess they think people don't ride 2-strokes anymore or somthin'.

Anyway i was happy to see an article on a banshee as it has been awhile as some of u have mentioned(just didn't like the way they bashed it), it is one badass quad and it looks very sinister, I love it!.

Edited by -JD-

.  There is a reason why 10mm stroker Banshees arnt tearing up the open class...

498321[/snapback]

Yes, its because a 70 horse Banshee will out-run it on a MX track..unless ofcourse you have 1/2 mile straights :headbang:

I finally got to read this article (thanks Chris, I tried not to drool on it the mag or the Powerstroke heh), kinda skimpy on the motor details but some nice pics...just to clarify the "test" riders are Dana Creech and Jason Lubergh (sp?), both pro-level riders and Bomb Squad freestylers, and yes Wes Miller of Quatros Locos/Huevos Grandes/Huevos 2-8 fame (and long-time racer, still does Baja races with Creech, last time on a Jagermeister-sponsored YFZ450) is the one that built the beast...not slow dudes by any stretch of the imagination, or Dirtwheels flunkies, if they say it's fast (and DW didn't take too many liberties on the quotations), it's borderline INSANE :bolt:

i thin k the dirtwheels test crew are a bunch of pussys who never rode fast anything  ,they thought a stock vforce700 was scary fast too  when they tested it 2 years ago  before it was released :rotflmao:  :yank:

500245[/snapback]

Is That the same SUPER FAST machine EnForcer raves about :confused::lol:

Otherwise I agree . Seems like all you EVER see in DW is nothing but 4x4s, 4 pokes and kids stuff. Thats all fine and good but thats not what Iam into reading about so screw it.. Ill stick to the HQ cuz if its important or badass it will pass through here.

RIPPEN

i can only say 1 thing about the wes miller banshee ........ " I WANT ONE!!!"

lol i hear that ohh that to fast shit all the time, but these are local 4poke guys that must need a tampon ... WTF if ya dont get a 2 hr hard on after ya hit the gas .... its to dam slow!!!