CRF450X

yeah, i am dealing on it right now. looks like i will pick it up on saturday. 5,650.00 out the door. not too bad of a deal right there. As far as the pink wire mod goes, i will ride it forawhile before i decide to do that or not. Did you get the jet kit, or just buy the jets that you needed? I have heard that they are jetted pretty lean from the factory. im buying mine in phoenix and they are about 1,000 feet lower than i am in tucson. I cant wait. I have not owned a dirt bike since my old CR250R back in high school. I love quads, but bikes are just a totally differant riding experience.

I will post pics when i pick her up!

I rejetted from a 142 main to a 165, cut the whole top of the air box off and did the vents, pulled the baffle and the backfire screen. Made it a totally different bike. There is contreversy on the pink wire mod, it is a rev limiter and could cause you to overrev and ruin your motor. Its up to you wether the extra 500 rpm' is worth it. Check out the post "What can pro circuit do for you" under the 450x threads at crfsonly. This guy had his motor done and now he out runs cr500's! :bolt: With the above said mods I have done, this bike is a dream with plenty of power. Post some pics when you get her home. :headbang:

494738[/snapback]

typically, if your going to overrev that motor, you'll want to put in stronger, dual-spring valve kits to keep from floating a valve. I really doubt it'll be much issue with a stock cam, but if you bump the rev up with a larger lift cam, it is possible to float a valve and *SMACK* right into the piston, but I'm highly doubting it'll really happen unless you just have a sick cam in there.

However, Honda is including it in the HRC kits for the TRX, so I doubt I'd worry too much. Not sure how much the TRX revs compared to the CRF. The CRF might rev higher from the factory, but not sure.

Break her in hard... 3/4 throttle runs.. let the engine do the braking... Run about 15 mins like that.. change the oil... let her cool off.. then give it hell....

Mike

496201[/snapback]

yeah, dealer says 2 full tanks, manual says 15 miles......ill probably just ride it somewhat nice for the 30 mins or so. thow in a Heat cycle or two and thats about it. Change the oil in the engine and tranny after the 1st tank of gas

yeah, i am dealing on it right now.  looks like i will pick it up on saturday.  5,650.00 out the door.  not too bad of a deal right there.  As far as the pink wire mod goes, i will ride it forawhile before i decide to do that or not.  Did you get the jet kit, or just buy the jets that you needed?  I have heard that they are jetted pretty lean from the factory.  im buying mine in phoenix and they are about 1,000 feet lower than i am in tucson.  I cant wait.  I have not owned a dirt bike since my old CR250R back in high school.  I love quads, but bikes are just a totally differant riding experience.

I will post pics when i pick her up!

494742[/snapback]

i had some jets left over from my shee that had kehiens on. I saved about $65 instead of buying the JD kit. I'll put that towards a graphics kit or something.