CRF450X

well i have come across a brand new 05 CRF450X for 4,999 bucks. not selling the shee. I want to take this bike and make a street legal Super Moto bike. Street tires and all that stuff. So does any one have a 450X or have ridden one. I rode a 450R a year go and was very impressed. just looking for some info.

thanks

What do you need to know?  I can help you with almost anything motor wise...

Mike

493863[/snapback]

Basically how do you like the bike. I'm an aircraft maintainer by trade so normal maint. will not be a problem. just wanted the opinion of a few people on how they liked their Xs.

Basically how do you like the bike.  I'm an aircraft maintainer by trade so normal maint. will not be a problem.  just wanted the opinion of a few people on how they liked their Xs.

493865[/snapback]

I have a crf hybrid and My friend has the crf bike... My cousin has the X.. .. Honda had the TERRIBLE idea of putting Ti intake valves.. those will clap out if you don't keep them adjusted... Don't let that scare you.. the modern 4-strokes are not 1/16th bad as the myth claims... take care of it and it will take care of you...

As for the bike itself... It's a trail bike.. top heavy, like 30lbs heavier than the crf.. different cam/flywheel/subframe/set/plastic... Basically a totally different bike.. You can ride it literally for days at time :headbang: ... If your looking to hit doubles.. go with the R....

I can tell you one thing.. when my cousin rode with my buddy and I.... he wished he had the crf half way through the day...

EDIT: With a pipe/filter, gearing, cam and brass balls 100+ is EASILY obtainable... I'ts already got a mellow cam.. throw some fat motard tires on there and let er eat :headbang: ....

Mike

so what part of it did your cousin not like?  the Motocross aspect or what?  like i said, this will be on the street and in the dunes.  i will still have the shee for hardcore duning, but want an all around bike for desert/dunes/street.  thanks for the info

493875[/snapback]

Nothing you'll notice.. his riding style changed... but he didn't change bikes <_< .... PERFECT for what your gonna use it for... The powerband is SMOOOOOOTHH...

Mike

very sweet bikes, super strong, can be made ungodly strong and are perfect for super moto bikes.  motor-wise, it's simple, much simpler than the RM and YZF counter parts.  pick it up before it's gone.

494119[/snapback]

plannin on picking it up today...damn got to wait another 20 minutes till the dealership opens....

And if you REALLY want it to run, send the head to this guy for some work. I wouldn't vouch for someone unless I KNEW their deal and this guy is KING when it comes to the TRX and CRF heads, or any head for that matter. Let him port it and put in some nice Kibblewhite SS valves with a Hotcams Stage 2 and you'll be humming, I guarantee, and for less than what a "bigname" builder will do it for He's also designed some killer pistons, some high comp. and some pump gas pistons that will work really well on that bike.

John Ziehl

Entiat , WA.

He built and designed the infamous PulseCharger exhaust and has loads of experience working on these and other motors, including YFZ's, and LTZ's, not to mention, one of the first to do his deed on a new LTR.

Email him through here. Mixxer. In fact, I'd sign up, PM him and tell him that I sent you, that would work better.

Edited by sredish

And if you REALLY want it to run, send the head to this guy for some work.  I wouldn't vouch for someone unless I KNEW their deal and this guy is KING when it comes to the TRX and CRF heads, or any head for that matter.  Let him port it and put in some nice Kibblewhite SS valves with a Hotcams Stage 2 and you'll be humming, I guarantee, and for less than what a "bigname" builder will do it for  He's also designed some killer pistons, some high comp. and some pump gas pistons that will work really well on that bike.

John Ziehl

Entiat , WA.

He built and designed the infamous PulseCharger exhaust and has loads of experience working on these and other motors, including YFZ's, and LTZ's, not to mention, one of the first to do his deed on a new LTR.

Email him through here.  Mixxer.  In fact, I'd sign up, PM him and tell him that I sent you, that would work better.

494224[/snapback]

:headbang: ....

Mike

1cacbc4d.jpg

I got one. Just got it about 2 months ago. This is the sweetest bike I have bought so far. I raced my buddies drag banshee and whopped his ass. I also raced a 03 yz450f and smoked him too. Stock they are lame, but with a few cheap mods it runs like a raped ape. Go to http://crfsonly.com/catalog/index.php for all the info you need on the X and the R. I sold my 01 cr500AF to get a 04 yz450f and then I sold it to get this bike and I'm very glad I did. You won't be dissapointed with this bike.Thats a great price. I paid $5400 for mine otd. Got it in Bartlesville OK. I also bought a liscence plate in Ohio for it. :dance:

I got one. Just got it about 2 months ago. This is the sweetest bike I have bought so far. I raced my buddies drag banshee and whopped his ass. I also raced a 03 yz450f and smoked him too. Stock they are lame, but with a few cheap mods it runs like a raped ape. Go to http://crfsonly.com/catalog/index.php for all the info you need on the X and the R. I sold my 01 cr500AF to get a 04 yz450f and then I sold it to get this bike and I'm very glad I did. You won't be dissapointed with this bike.Thats a great price. I paid $5400 for mine otd. Got it in Bartlesville OK. I also bought a liscence plate in Ohio for it. :dance:

494232[/snapback]

So what did you do to it? Pink wire mod, rejet? Baffle removed. open up the airbox, aftermarket filter...

im going thru the forums on thumpertalk and CRFsonly trying to get all my info together.

Edited by CombatTalon2

So what did you do to it?  Pink wire mod, rejet?  Baffle removed. open up the airbox, aftermarket filter...

im going thru the forums on thumpertalk and CRFsonly trying to get all my info together.

494235[/snapback]

I rejetted from a 142 main to a 165, cut the whole top of the air box off and did the vents, pulled the baffle and the backfire screen. Made it a totally different bike. There is contreversy on the pink wire mod, it is a rev limiter and could cause you to overrev and ruin your motor. Its up to you wether the extra 500 rpm' is worth it. Check out the post "What can pro circuit do for you" under the 450x threads at crfsonly. This guy had his motor done and now he out runs cr500's! :bolt: With the above said mods I have done, this bike is a dream with plenty of power. Post some pics when you get her home. :headbang: