400ex w/ 450r power?

was reading atv action lastnight and there was an article in there about the 400ex. Evryone has been posting alot about the 400ex lately so I didn't figure it would hurt to put in here what it said. I'm not totally sure but I think every thing they put on it was wiseco, they put on big bore cylinder, hot cams, pipe and airfilter..after all the did to it they said it would run side by side with the 450r and the yfz450 pretty interesting actually they said all the extra power actually made it a better quad overall and that this is how it should have come from factory.anybody have a 400 like this I used to have one, figured it would be knarly for that little bike to have all that power............

EX`s made pretty decent power felt kinda like a normal 4poke was pain in the ass to wrench on ,the carbs were pretty simple but everything was crammed together couldnt really fit a wrench anywhere and the seats are hard and uncomfortable , honda never really made good seats .

the 400ex can be built to run for as old of a design as the engine is. my dads 440 has an keihin fcr carb stage one hotcam full yoshimura exhuast and a home port job and was pullin 40 horse on the ground, not bad for what we used, switch to a hotter cam and a bigger carb and it will probly be easy to break the 45 mark. down at little sahara last year and it was killing the 450's and craptors pretty damn easy. for an outdated design they can still be pretty fast.