need HELP w/ upper a-arms

letsgetthisdone

I can't figure out which direction the upper a-arm goes in. With it installed this way the bung for the balljoint is about 1/2mm away from the spring. If I switch it with other one then the balljoint is 3in forward from the lower one.

492947[/snapback]

What's a bung? How'd you manage to get the balljoint 1/2mm from the spring...

Mike

the arms are american star racing

492965[/snapback]

That's your problem right there.. You have the arms mounted right.... Bad engineering/R&D is to blame... Is It really 1/2mm... does look pretty close but not that close... You can run it... not like you have much of a choice :shrugani: .... Think about it... once that arm is bolted in... Were in the hell is it gonna go?

Mike

When I installed mine they were pretty close too but I extended the caster adjustment hiems at the frame end of the arms out a little farther to get more clearance. Then you have to adjust the lower arm main heim out to get your camber set. That's one reason they are all adjustable... you still want to get all the angles right, but you can move the upper arm out from the frame a little for extra clearance.

Good thing you have remote resevoirs. If you had Piggy back they would smack on the back part of the A-arm, I had this problem and I had more clearance then you. Luckily Custom creations built me a new set and improved their design. now I have plenty of clearance.

Just mount up the lower arm and shock before you secure the upper arm Heim. See if the Arm wil smack the shocks.

your problem looks similar but in a different location. as long as it does not rub you should be ok. If it rubs do as suggest above and extend the heims out a bit.

Edited by Justintoxicated