RPM or LSR sprocket hub

Wallrat

I'm contemplating whether or not I want one of these thingies. Thing that worries me is that its aluminum. Aluminum is pretty soft, and I wonder how the splines will hold up. Anybody running these things? If you are, what kinda motor mods do you have?

Minus the swinger, my whole rear end is LSR componets....I didn't have one on my banshee but i've beat the hell out of this hybrid... As a matter of fact... the lsr componets are about the only thing I haven't had to tighten on replace.... Is there something you need to know in particular... like pics :shrugani: ?

Mike

Generally components that are made out of aluminum are of the aircraft variatey, ie. 6061 t6 aluminum which isn't as soft as you may think then 90% of the time they're hard anodized after that bringing it up to around 80 rockwell. Belive you me, thats some solid stuff!

I think you'll be just fine no matter what brand. :)

i have one of the lsr hubs on mine and haven't had any problems as of yet. The whole rear end is lonestar really and i haven't had problems with the swinger or nuts or hubs but, i really don't have any great engine mods so that might be why but, so far so good.

I have a lsr axle and sprocket hub. I like you were a little leary of aluminum, but as stated in an early reply. There are diffrent types of aluminum alloy. I used a little lock tite cylinderical bonding when I slid it over the spline just a little insurance so there will be no rubbing between contact faces .....

NO PROBLEMS yet to speak of, I also have the lsr lock nut a little blue lock tite on the screws and they are still with it 5 moths after putting together nothing vibrated loose. If you ask anyone who rides a american v-twin lock tite in the right places and uses is your best friend.

Jim :cheers:

If I remember correctly my RPM hub has a steel splined insert so it's not splined aluminum as the aluminum may be soft and wear the splines quicker. No problems so far and if I did there is no doubt RPM would replace it free of charge.

My understanding of the RPM is that the splines aren't steal, just the surface ring is. The idea being that if the swingarm bearings go, they'll take out the replaceable seal instead of the whole hub.

For you guys with the LSR recommending the RPM, what's the complaint with the LSR?

My understanding of the RPM is that the splines aren't steal, just the surface ring is.  The idea being that if the swingarm bearings go, they'll take out the replaceable seal instead of the whole hub. 

For you guys with the LSR recommending the RPM, what's the complaint with the LSR?

495317[/snapback]

That may be right, but give them a call (928) 771-9363 . I've yet to hear of anyone stripping the splines on them.