Race Gas

banshee350twin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no expert,but race gas will be a higher octane than what you get from the gas station.Most gas stations offer up to 92 or 93 octane.Race gas comes in different octanes.I've seen it go up to 113.I think there is some even higher.Once you raise the compression high enough,it will require a higher octane.

Hey Nik, you should go read the post that you put in repairs and mods. And I don't mean to sound like a a$$, but you only need to post your question in one forum. There are some on here that get rather nasty when you post the same exact question in more than one forum............ :cheers:

Edited by Animalman294

• 2 weeks later...
:headbang: i run straight 110 octane in my shee with 17cc domes. 50 beans for a 5 gallon jug of it though. It definitly gets expensive. But once you run a tank of straight 110 octane ( with the premix of course) you won't go back. IMO the bike runs cleaner and there is definitly a nice power increase

:headbang: i run straight 110 octane in my shee with 17cc domes. 50 beans for a 5 gallon jug of it though. It definitly gets expensive. But once you run a tank of straight 110 octane ( with the premix of course) you won't go back. IMO the bike runs cleaner and there is definitly a nice power increase

496957[/snapback]

Ouch $50 for 5 gallons!!!!!

we get the torco mach 112 for 4.25 a gallon ... we get a deal cause my supervisor at work owns a speed shop and is a car owner in the arca latemodel , modifieds ... lol the local shops get 63 bucks a 5 gallon can of either VPc12 or the klotz race fuel! thats crazy pricing.

Edited by Wicked98Shee

Race gas isn't going to do jack for you unless you're running the compression or timing advance to take advantage of it.

People think that race gas=more power. When in reality, race gas *allows* you to run more timing/compression which actually makes the power.

Dumping higher octane in something when it's not needed is like throwing money out the window.

+1 on that. race gas burns slower and colder than regular pump gas. the lower the octane the more power you will git, but with higher compression it makes more heat and the motor will run hot and start detonating, so people run race gas to help it stay cool and since it burs slower it prevents detonating.

Race gas isn't going to do jack for you unless you're running the compression or timing advance to take advantage of it.

People think that race gas=more power.  When in reality, race gas *allows* you to run more timing/compression which actually makes the power.

Dumping higher octane in something when it's not needed is like throwing money out the window.

498762[/snapback]

that depends on if the race fuel is oxygenated ... oxygenated race fuel will definately give ya better throttle response and a slight amount of hp for ya. where as non oxygenated race fuel is only good if our running enough compression or a bit of timing advance. but remember higher octane does cause the combustion chamber to run cooler, so all in all its up to you if it's worth it or not.

Edited by Wicked98Shee

Leaded fuel will eat your engine from the inside out too....

Mike

498903[/snapback]

serously?????? ... lol ive always thought that 2 strokes love leaded fuel .... hmmm time to go to school on this one .. im runnin leaded torco mach112 LOL i dont wanna go boom :shrugani:

I'm sorry... It's been a while since I read up on that.. it's actually oxygenated fuels... and yes.. it builts up deposits... basically oxidises your motor...

Mike