STOCK SHOCKS SUCK!HELP

sheewanter

I have this 04 Limited addition shee that i just bought from a guy off of here... and i ride in the woods mostly..alot of the places we go are rocky and my shee just bounces all over the place and is a very cruel ride compared to the 400 ex i had....im not sure if i need or have to extend the a-arms and get shocks or just get shocks...also im not sure what to do with the rear...it all just seems stiff as hell...if anyone has any suggestions it would really be appreciated....this whole banshee thing is new to me....thx

It all depends on how much money you are willing to spend... of course the more you spend the better your ride will be. The most expencive would be new custom built shocks all round and extended a-arms, and of course there are more and less expencive of both of those as well. To save some money you can get your rear shock rebiult intead of getting a new one. You can also go with YFZ 450 shocks for the front. The cheapest of all would be to keep your stock a-arms, just change the front shocks and keep the rear shock as is. The stock rear shock is not nearly as bad as the stock front shocks, and it has quite a bit of adjustment. All of these options would greatly improve the ride over stock.. some more than others. So it all comes down to how much money you have to spend.

no you have to modify, how big was the guy you got the banshee from compared to you in weight wise. all you have to do is adjust the ones you have.Get a clymers to know how to adjust or e-mail edison445 he has it on file to send I believe

YFZ shocks are an easy upgrade.

there is a writeup on the 2nd or 3rd page of this forum explaining with pictures, how to install them.

i'm very pleased that i upgraded to them :clap:

i just couldnt justify spending the outrageous amount of $ it costs for Works or Elkas or the like. drag race shocks for my Camaro were'nt even that expensive :confused:

you should be able to find a nice set off EBAY for around $250 give or take a little depending on condition

they are a taller shock then stock tho. and have read that they put your ball joints at a not so optimal angle, but i have yet to read of any failures because of them. also from what i know, they only seem to work with stock a-arms.

I picked up my front elkas for 312$ to the door used.... In there worst day elkas are 10x as good as some wedged in yfz450 shocks.... If your into any kind of serious riding I don't think the yfz450 shocks are anything but a waste of money... unless you get them rebuilt.... then all you have a 700$ pair of rebuilt stock shocks.... If they suck on one quad why would you buy them to put on yours :confused: .....

Mike

I picked up my front elkas for 312$ to the door used.... In there worst day elkas are 10x as good as some wedged in yfz450 shocks....  If your into any kind of serious riding I don't think the yfz450 shocks are anything but a waste of money... unless  you get them rebuilt.... then all you have a 700$ pair of rebuilt stock shocks....  If they suck on one quad why would you buy them to put on yours :confused: .....

Mike

491570[/snapback]

i somewhat agree with you...

but its an upgrade over factory shee shocks, no?

put your shee shocks on a 450 and see which you would rather have on there.

did your $312 elkas need rebuilding? if so how much did you have into them after?

i somewhat agree with you...

but its an upgrade over factory shee shocks, no?

put your shee shocks on a 450 and see which you would rather have on there.

did your $312 elkas need rebuilding? if so how much did you have into them after?

491577[/snapback]

50$ a shock for new oil/seals.... THe 450 shocks would be fine for your casual rider... but chances are if your bottoming out on a regular basis your more than the "casual" rider.... You also can't even think of putting the 'shee shocks on a 450... the geometry of the two bikes is COMPLETELY different... which is one of the main reasons I'm against this...

Mike