FAQ's and tech tips

since most of the other boards I'm a regular(Mod and Admin) on have been pretty quiet. I'll be adding a few informational bits from them to here that might be of interest or useful. on the other boards that I've used, the Admins put in an "FAQ" section to place articles and stuff(tagged as "FAQ" for the bits on how-to's for repeate questions and "Tip" for the interesting bits like like how to measure exhaust noise) to reduce the number of questions related to common repeate problems(ie. brake bleeding, "reading" plugs, etc) and it's worked pretty good and I know how much you guys like to re-answer the same question 14x ("try using the search.") :rolleyes::rolleyes: just thought it might help a bit. and if anyone feels they belong in a better spot than I placed them or should be pinned/sticky, or whatever go right ahead do what ya need to.

i think its a great idea.

i think there should be a whole 'newbie' forum full of pinned FAQ type threads. they could either be old existing posts that answer certain common questions well, or new threads made specifically to answear a specific issue/question. all pinned threads. almost like tutorials. the threads could even be open so if anyone does still have questions about said tutorial, they can ask right there. they can all be moderated and any posts that arent helpful can be deleted.

:shrugani:

i think its a great idea. 

i think there should be a whole 'newbie' forum full of pinned FAQ type threads. they could either be old existing posts that answer certain common questions well, or new threads made specifically to answear a specific issue/question. all pinned threads. almost like tutorials. the threads could even be open so if anyone does still have questions about said tutorial, they can ask right there. they can all be moderated and any posts that arent helpful can be deleted.   

:shrugani:

488883[/snapback]

Good idea. I think it would cut down on alot of the "which pipe is best" and the "who would win" posts. Start out by educating the new kids that if the rider sucks, all the "NOS" in the world isn't going to help.

Oh, and put this picture on there.

noob4ky.jpg

Good idea. I think it would cut down on alot of the "which pipe is best" and the "who would win" posts. Start out by educating the new kids that if the rider sucks, all the "NOS" in the world isn't going to help.

Oh, and put this picture on there.

noob4ky.jpg

488903[/snapback]

thats why we did it. got tired of answering 3 or 4 " My brakes don't work. what wrong with them??" or "My bike idles high, then goes Bwwaaahh when I hit the gas" type of ??'s a week. then we left an article in the Help section to refer to the FAQ section we created first then if it wasen't covered to ask out right. and after we'd get like 4 or 5 of the same thing we'd lock them and someone would post a new FAQ on it. cut down on the wasted space and and put all the most common problems in one place along with a solution to fix it. My all time favorite was the guy who had his timing so far retarded that the bike engine actually was running backwards(and like crap at that). after 6 new posts about it, 3 days later and a lot of head scratching. I asked him about his timing for the 14th time after we got him to stay in just 1 thread instead of jumping between all 6 of them.

Edited by pipebomb