Anyone got an '02 '03 f-150 Harley truck?

yeah, I was thinkin about gettin into doing that eventually actually. I have to keep the vehicle for 1 year I believe it is, and then I can resell it....it'd still be worth a lot more than what I paid probably.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my buddy has a 94 camaro z28 auto and we raced one of these harley editions and jesus ...from a 40 mph roll on the high way that thing took a good cars length on us until about 90 then we started pulling away from him. Now we didnt get a good start because its an auto and it didnt downshift but no excuses those things can get up and go. :drool:

best thing I'm learning about them as I read into it more (mainly looking in the lightning sections of forums) is all the motor mods and such that you can do to them. You dont need to do much to get them pushing some serious power.

Basically change up the upper and lower blower pulleys, port the blower, put on some headers, throttle body, and intake and you got yourself a little monster.

Then comes ideas of putting a stick in it, beef up the rest of the drive train, lowering, bigger sway bars, shocks and springs, bushings, etc etc etc.

yeah....I got the bug and I dont even have the truck yet.....probably wont for over a year now that my plans changed a little

you could always buy from the intake up, its the only thing different. I've seen a couple setups for sale paging through ford truck world.com and bouncing off to other forums from there.

Only problem with putting more than 450-475 hp to them is that the lower end starts to want to come apart.

I was thinking a pulley, a port job, let it breath, give her a tune, and then spraying her a little bit.....yeah....that should do the job

• 4 weeks later...
I worked at a ford dealership about 3 years back... from my experience the roush edition anything is basically interior re-badging and an exhaust system....  They MIGHT have changed them now but I'm doubting it.....

487939[/snapback]

I decided to look it up, you can get the 3 different stage Roush Trucks. You could probably make a faster stock one for less though.

http://www.roushperf.com/f150.shtml

I decided to look it up, you can get the 3 different stage Roush Trucks. You could probably make a faster stock one for less though.

http://www.roushperf.com/f150.shtml

503544[/snapback]

So they did change it up a bit.... that stage 3 sounds pretty tasty :headbang: .... Who knows what they'd ream you for one at the dealership though...

Mike

The harley is truck for me my bro has had like 6 lightnings and Ive had one and there bad but nothing beats having 4 doors. Check out NHTOC youll find tons of good info on the harley motors. The only difference between the lightning motor and the harley is the upper pulley is bigger on the harley making 2lbs less boost (easy fixer) but beware the supercharged motors are very tempermental about a/f mixtures (alot like the banshees are) if you do anything to the motor you need a good tuner like the predator.

My bro L has a balanced and blueprinted johnny lightning shortblock, long tubes, cold air, throttle body, heat exchanger, flowmasters, and +6 or 8lbs of boost and of course a good tune from his predator done on a dyno and it made 420hp and 550ft/lbs at the rear wheels and runs high 12's.

Edited by bansheestang

• 1 month later...