El camino

iceman

well. just when i got started on the banshee i get an el camino. 1980. and please dont bash me but its a 229 v6. i plan on dropping something huge into it in around 6 years when im "financially secure". anyways. ill be putting new pistons in the banshee and then its going back together and then all my money wil be going into the el camino to restore it. got it for 3k. the engine and transmission is very strong, a little dirty though. its a 4 speed manual and its got flowmasters and an air suspension. no rust. its got some scratches, the paint is fading, and the trim is starting to fall off in some places. the interior is in pretty good shape. just some small tears in the dash and one on the seat. so mostly it needs cosmetic restoration. i love it though. its LOUD and i love it. ill post some pics later on. just wanted to share.

Thats bad ass restoring cars is another one of my hobbies, i recently got an older truck looking to make it into a duner truck or nice off road vehicle more things to sink the pocket with, cant get enough of it tho B)

yeah im not really into big rims. id rather have some 14 inch rally rims with some big fat meaty tires. and im probably not going to spend more on an engine than the car itself. lol. later on ill probably put a 350 in it or something. something mild. not sure though. im pretty far off from doing any motor work. id like to get the interior and exterior finished first since its reliable right now.

i was meaning the old rat motors. hell, ive got a LT1 out of a 93 Z-28 im willing to part with b/c i dont think itll interchange with my 94 Z-28's computer. i think everything is there, the crank needs turns where it spun a few rod bearings, but, when i tore it down, the alum. heads look in damn good shape, the cam in good shape. it would make a good build-up motor. PM if intrested :cheers: i also can get pics of it

well.  just when i got started on the banshee i get an el camino.  1980.  and please dont bash me but its a 229 v6.  i plan on dropping something huge into it in around 6 years when im "financially secure".  anyways.  ill be putting new pistons in the banshee and then its going back together and then all my money wil be going into the el camino to restore it.  got it for 3k. the engine and transmission is very strong, a little dirty though.  its a 4 speed manual and its got flowmasters and an air suspension.  no rust.  its got some scratches, the paint is fading, and the trim is starting to fall off in some places.  the interior is in pretty good shape.  just some small tears in the dash and one on the seat.  so mostly it needs cosmetic restoration.  i love it though.  its LOUD and i love it.  ill post some pics later on.  just wanted to share.

487624[/snapback]

When I was 18 I bought a restored 70 Chevelle SS 396, and I had it about 1/2 paid for when a guy up the street from my uncles house had a 70 ElCamino SS for sale. The only thing that kept me from buying it was the repair bills on the Chevelle were insane being it was a daily driver. I couldn't have handled 2 of those but it would have been the cats ass to have the 70 Chevelle and the 70 Camino parked in the yard both in restored condtition.

Still love those Caminos though. :notworthy:

all i can say is 572 big block crate engine.with some 20's.with a deep blue paint & banshee's in the desert tearing shit up airbrushed in the tailgate with the banshee right on the back.

487653[/snapback]

The 572 would be cool if it got more than 12 mpg :flush: . I think he wants a daily driver, but you cant go wrong with some 20 inch deep dish rims on a muscle car :drool:

hey group. if you want to give me the motor free and ship it to me for free then go ahead lol. i dont have enough money for an engine swap right now. ive gotta fix whats broken first! and yeah its a daily driver so ive gotta keep it reliable and good on gas mileage.