spindle reaming

nutcase

i had to ream my spindles and i used a step bit , the more " steps " between each indiviual size will allow for a more smoother ream , they sell them at home depot and they are not cheap , 30 ! when you do ream them make sure you have it lined up right . let the step bit do the cutting and spray plenty of wd40... just my .o2 anyone else got a better way ?

You want to buy the proper tapered reamer. You can find them at places that sell machine tools. I don't know the exact size. You must be installing a older set of A-arms? You might look into how much newer ball joints that fit without reaming would cost verses buying a reamer.

reaming is a machining process. not something you want to undertake with a step-bit. so i would absolutely order the right sized one. i wish i could tell you what size to use, but im unclear on how the how order of operations goes down to begin with. im just positive im not going to take a series of hole saws to my spindle like was mentioned above.

i just googled tapered reamers and found a shit-ton. so once you get the right size there is a start.

Edited by gimmeabeer