Axis front shock preload

rolldesignbanshee

I just got a used Lobo 2 front end setup with dual rate axis adjustables. How can I change the preload on these shocks, It looks like the retaining ring at the top of the body holds the spring stop in place. Any help would be great.. Thanks

486486[/snapback]

Just take the weight off the front end.. have someboy pull the shock down and then slide that ring down to were you want...

Mike

Thanks, thats what I figured and it worked out good. Not exactly the easiest way to set preload though. Does anyone make a tool to make the process a 1 man job> I had to have someone help me compress the springs while I moved the ring.

486906[/snapback]

I can do it by myself... I just squirt a little liquid wrench on there so the clip slides better...

Mike

since I never have help when I work on my bikes I've had to get creative to create the extra hands I've needed. I found if you jack the bike up just enough to take the weight off the shocks and take a long tire spoon or pry bar w/ the end covered on duct/electric tape( so as not to scratch the shaft) and slip it down through the spring and use the bottom of the shock cylinder to pry against. I usually move the clip up or down one groove at a time and then reposition for the next one so as not to bind up the bar in the spring or should it slip, the handle only comes back up several inches.