TORS

OK, i have another post in this section about not ebing able to get my shee started and it has to do with the carbs not getting gas to the engine. Now. I bought these stock carbs off this forum and The guy that had them before me cut the TORS wires on the carbs, would this keep the bike from starting, if so what can i do the get it to start without getting the TORS elimination kit, i need help fast because i have a race this weekend and no time to buy another set of carbs or anything! please help.

BTW, the engine fires right up if i pour gas through the spark plug hole, i know it has to do with the carbs, the floats arent stuck, the jetting is correct and the carbs float bowls are getting fuel.

Tors does not affect gas in the engine it only cuts the spark if the throttle sticks . if your engine fires you can forget about Tors. Since you changed carbs and the problem is still not fixed, its probably not your carbs , you should check compression and makes sure the reed valves are not cracked.

Its deffinatly the carbs, the bike ran beofre i switched them and now it wont run. Like i said, i already tested for compression and spark and everything there checks out. I also dumped gas through the spark plug hole and it fired right up that way. I know its the carbs, ive cleaned them and also cleaned the pilot and maints out, everything is clear. Im at a loss.... I have honestly no clue now. can someone post a pic of the bottom of the carb opened up to make sure everything is installed correctly, maybe i installed the main wrong with the washer or something because neither of the carbs will fire each cylinder... HELP!!

Okay, so you checked the spark and compression and thaose are okay and you say your not getting fuel to the carbs? Did you pull the gas lines off and open the petcock valve and make sure there isn't an obstruction from the tank to the carbs. Then hook that back up and crack open the bleeder and see if you are getting fuel into the fuel bowls. If you are spray some carb cleaner into the carb and see if it run down the needle and out the main (if not theres obviously something blocking it). These carbs aren't very complicated and the TORS would have nothing to do with fuel (it has to do with killing power to the engine if the slides stuck open and the thumb throttle is closed). Hope this helps a bit.

Nick