jetting help please!

I have a race sunday and i need help quick, I put stock carbs in that i bought off this forum and they were cleaned and such. I need to know what the stock main, needle and pilot settings are if anyone can help. The problem im having is that the carbs are not pumping gas into the cylinders whatsoever, i put gas directly into the cyliders by dumping it through the spark plug hole and it fired right up so im at a loss. how many turns out is the fuel/air screw. I alos took the bottom of the carb off and there was fuel in there so i know its getting into the bottom of the carb.... im at a loss and i have a race sundays, anything you can think of would help greatly, Thanks!!!!

Edited by Quadracer18

I have a race sunday and i need help quick, I put stock carbs in that i bought off this forum and they were cleaned and such. I need to know what the stock main, needle and pilot settings are if anyone can help. The problem im having is that the carbs are not pumping gas into the cylinders whatsoever, i put gas directly into the cyliders by dumping it through the spark plug hole and it fired right up so im at a loss. how many turns out is the fuel/air screw. I alos took the bottom of the carb off and there was fuel in there so i know its getting into the bottom of the carb.... im at a loss and i have a race sundays, anything you can think of would help greatly, Thanks!!!!

483364[/snapback]

My bike came with 200 mains, 25 pilots and needle in middle clip position and air screws 1.5 to 2 turns out. You may have clogged pilot jets.

:cheers:

:cry: ok take it easy....breath....ok your bikes modded so you need way bigger jets ...pm me so i can help you ...what size carbs did you buy....are they kein or mikuni ....or possibly other ....are they stock if stock youll need 280s and a bigger needle ....if your running no air box lid youll need to jump to 300 s ....so whats your set up ill help you .....

alright, im running about the right main for the mods i have, i got the pro-flow intake and a 2-1 motofast pipe. Im running 260 mains 25 piton and 2 1/2 turns out on the air screw, im not sure what the needle position is but that shouldnt affect the bike at least firing up, could this have something to do with the tors? I have the wires clipped off.... I have no clue why this bike isnt at least sputtering any help is appreciated.

If the reed cages were installed upsidedown would that play a role in not alloing it to start? Also can someone explain to me about the float? I dont think they are switched wrong because i havent taken them off the carbs.

ALSO: can some one tell me what a good needle position would be for a banshee with a 2-1 motofast pipe and a pro-flow intake with outerewears. thanks!!

Would an FMF AOF ignition have anything to do with it not starting?

hey josh when i was runnin that pipe i was at 270 mains stock needle poss. and about 1 3/4 out on air screw. have you checked for good spark and are your slides all the way down i just put new carbs on and it was the wrong cable so the slides were up a little (like it was at 1/4 throttle) it would not start til i got a new cable and got the slides back down good luck this season send us pics of that first race