Wider rear axle

AZ Olie

I'm thinking of getting Janssen Outlaw front suspension kit for my Shee :D ,

the only thing is the A-arm's are +3+1, Who make's a +4 to +6 rear axle??? :shrugani: Hope someone know's, for I can't find any rear Axle over +4" wide... :confused:

Thanx,

Olie

My rim's front & rear are both off set on the Shee right now... :D I just don't want to get the front wider then the rear... :shrugani: The idea is to get the Shee around 50" wide and maybe 52 to 53" long... :D I think that it would rock @ the Dunes :headbang:

Later,

Olie

My rim's front & rear are both off set on the Shee right now... :D  I just don't want to get the front wider then the rear... :shrugani:  The idea is to get the Shee around 50" wide and maybe 52 to 53" long... :D  I think that it would rock @ the Dunes :headbang:

Later,

Olie

477790[/snapback]

It's ok to have the front end 1'' or 2'' wider than the rear... As a matter of fact it makes it easier to control your slides... You have to run +4+1 offset rims with those LT arms... if not it'll handle like pure dee shit....

Mike

It's ok to have the front end 1'' or 2'' wider than the rear...  As a matter of fact it makes it easier to control your slides...  You have to run +4+1 offset rims with those LT arms... if not it'll handle like pure dee shit....

Mike

477792[/snapback]

Word...you want the front a little wider than the rear.

• 3 weeks later...

Got an RPM axle coming w/ the rest of my new goodie's :D

Janssen Outlaw arm's +3 +1 long travel, +2 Outlaw swing, Elka Dune edition shock's F/R w/ Reb and Comp adj... :headbang:

Olie

Instead of going over it all agian there were a couple threads about the whole bump steer/long travel issue a while back...

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...topic=44677&hl=

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...topic=49000&hl=

My a-arms are not long travel but I get just over 11 inches of travel with 450 shocks and Sanddragon's a-arms with the mounts moved out to allow them to use their full lenght. They work awesome with no noticeable bump steer, but the long travel are supose to get 13 inches travel so that may make a difference. I have never rode an LT setup so I can't say.

Yea the issue was mentioned, but all of my riding will be done @ the Dune's or @ Cinder's in Flagstaff... If it become's a problem, I'll be looking @ a steering stabilizer, or figure out how to fix it if it's out of control... :confused:

I'm sure that it would be more noticeable if I was racing MX or tight section's, but for wide open spaces I should be fine... :)

Olie

I dunno man...its gonna be most noticeable when hitting something hard (like those unexepected dropoffs) or when coming down from a jump. I'm thinking that's the worst time for the wheels to be yanked. :shrugani:

As of right now the only fix is to fab a new, narrower front end.