'06 R6

Maybe you've already seen it but I found out about it today.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Feb/060214d1.htm

Yamaha Will Buy Back '06 R6s From Owners Who are Foolish Enough To Want To Give Them Up

by dean adams

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ah, okay, we admit that we, too, were romanced by the information that Yamaha's 2006 R6 featured a redline of 17,500 rpm. That's a damn impressive number.

Now the word comes down that mistakes were made somewhere in the process of computing the actual redline of the R6. The redline isn't 17.5k, it's actually closer to a bit over 16,000 rpm.

I have no idea how this happened, but if you're of the opinion that modern sport bikes inch closer every year to soul-less Lucas Arts-like vehicles

i can verify the 9k comment. new tires are shit on moist pavement, and they nearly high sided the bike and sent me flying.

on a side note, i did get to ride, and burn off the rear tire on 2 new R-1 LE's. those are some amazing machines.

500 shipped by yamaha, 4 built by me. :evil:

i can verify the 9k comment.  new tires are shit on moist pavement, and they nearly high sided the bike and sent me flying. 

on a side note, i did get to ride, and burn off the rear tire on 2 new R-1 LE's.  those are some amazing machines. 

500 shipped by yamaha, 4 built by me.  :evil:

477694[/snapback]

4 more life insurance claims...

Mike

That's pretty much what I got out of it, I think I'll wait for the '07 though then it's time to send the Honda packing. :cheers:

477752[/snapback]

yea me too...i'd kill for one of those...wats gonna make the '07 that much better though?? let me know...maybe i can wait :confused::drool:

what numbers did u get.....my boss got 201 and a customer got 407

477749[/snapback]

man i dont remember, it was a few weeks ago. they were all fairly low. the owner's son got the lowest a 187, maybe? or179? fuck i dunno. i wonder who got no1? valentino?

the bike redlines at 16,200, and comes alive around 9k...but yamaha is buyin the ones back if the owner wants to sell it back....for false advertising.....the shop has sold 3 and got our first all black one in today....if someone sells there 06 r6 back they couldn't afford it anyways.....

477655[/snapback]

Do you deal with the gsxr's any? A guy I work with is looking into the 750 or the 1000, he will have to wait on the 750 because they are already 12 deep in orders and dont have any in yet, and there is a 1000 on the floor.