Black Widow...Shocks

GleasmJA

I didn't know they sold Black Widows in LT. :shrugani: What kind of Elkas come with the kit? Are they compression and rebound adjustable? Unless they're Elka's bottom dollar shock, I would probably pick the Elka's. Just because I didn't believe my first and only set of Works shocks were worth the $500(NOT black widows). But there's been talk lately of Elka sending out shocks with the incorrect valving. And that they're valving is sort of hit or miss. I would look into both. I haven't seen Black Widows in person and haven't heard of any ride-reviews.

I've "heard" that they were decent shocks... but I've never seen anybody run them... I was at the nat. last weekend... well over 150 quads there... not one set of black widows... You're best off buying a set of used elkas and getting them revalved by precision concepts... whoever is doing elka's spec work lately has their head up there ass....

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

For elkas with the same technology the shocks cost more. The black widows have the dual oil lines right? Not a bad idea IMO, but their springs shats and valving are behind the times from my understanding. Never ridden them so I can't recomend elkas over them, but works as a whole just don't seem as good to me.

Elkas have one of the best shock bodies hands down, but paying for brand new shocks to be valved by someone else is a waste of $$$

When I ordered my elkas I was asked ALOT of options, I picked expert for ALL of them and have been satisfied with the results. Expert usualy being stiffer than intermediate etc... I had them valved for 200 pound rider (I weight less) and expert in all catagories.

Edited by Justintoxicated

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting the black widows.... and just got them in this week. Of course they came while i was out of town. So i'll post some pics when i get home and see the new babies. I got to excited with the arms and just bolted them right on. :D