CRF230F

This local guy is sellin a Honda crf230 i was really wantin to buy it the price is to good to be true but hey what the hell i was lookin over it a little checked the oil little dark looked normal Im not too familiar with 4 poke dirtbikes so if u fellow hqrs could help me out on sum things too look over b4 hand it would be greatly appreciated its a 04 model front tire is a little low could use a back tire tred is really worn its also piped other than that good clean job and would look bitchin its been sittin for a while and theres no starter but ive found a way around that heres a pic again thanks alot :D

They hold about 1 1/2 quarts of oil... the oil should be toast after one hard day at the track or 2 weekends of riding.... It needs tires, some soap, new oils/filters and it's good to go... Little fuckers make decent power to.... Best way to check up on the maint. is take off the filter and shine a light down the intake....

Mike

I rode one just like that not 2 weeks ago and I was not impressed. They are in no way a "race bike" or anything close. Trail riding is as far offroad as I'd take them. The suspension felt the same as my old 1979 175 Honda (soft and bouncy) and the power was about like an 80cc 2 stroke...and I'm only 135lbs so I can't imagine how bad it would be for someone larger.

if you are just looking for something to put around on, it would be great...if you actually want to jump it or anything...find something else.

My buddies 05 CRF250 is a whole other story...

yah i was lookin on the net heard its not much of a quick bike just sumthing fun to put a smile on ur face the guy said hell take 700 for it then i went back he said 600 but i might be able to get 5 how do i get to the filter and what kinda oil do u suggest? again thanks guys

what weight 10w 30 and have u seen any wiring diagrams for these the guy i guess took the cdi out when it got impounded so nobody could ride it there plugs hangin by the bars on the right i guess that were it was any of u kno a way around this so i can start it :dance:

what weight 10w 30 and have u seen any wiring diagrams for these the guy i guess took the cdi out when it got impounded so nobody could ride it there plugs hangin by the bars on the right i guess that were it was any of u kno a way around this so i can start it  :dance:

474115[/snapback]

Oh shit... you didn't say anything about a wiring harness.... that could be a nighmare.... Best off is stroll down to the local stealership.... pickup some oil, coolant, clymer manual, oil filter and a spark plug...... I run 10w40 in my crf... I'm not home right now and I can't remember what oil I run for the life of me.... Pick up the clymer at least... all else fails and you have to spend 500$ on all new electronics... then you'l have a grand into a dirtbike...not too bad if you ask me :dance: ....

Mike

Oh shit... you didn't say anything about a wiring harness.... that could be a nighmare.... Best off is stroll down to the local stealership.... pickup some oil, coolant, clymer manual, oil filter and a spark plug...... I run 10w40 in my crf... I'm not home right now and I can't remember what oil I run for the life of me....  Pick up the clymer at least... all else fails and you have to spend 500$ on all new electronics...  then you'l have a grand into a dirtbike...not too bad if you ask me  :dance: ....

Mike

474131[/snapback]

umm there air cooled and it doesnt have a oil filter but i thought it was the 40w and it has all the wiring just not the cdi i think where is the cdi mounted? thanks

umm there air cooled and it doesnt have a oil filter but i thought it was the 40w and it has all the wiring just not the cdi i think where is the cdi mounted? thanks

474166[/snapback]

Well shit :P ... You can pickup a cdi from anywhere if you want a oem one... www.servicehonda.com ..... they have an online microfiche...

Mike

sick thanks for the help greatly appreciated i bought it for 500 bucks heres another pic after i got it home and cleaned up Cant wait to get her runnin :clap:

id say you stole it for $500

474240[/snapback]

Or the person he bought it from did......... :blink:

RJV