Rattlesnake...

dune_girl

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea what the camping situation is going to be like now that you can't camp on the side of the road that leads into the north campground?  This would be a huge factor in if I go or not.

471446[/snapback]

i think i read something along the lines of having camping available downtown in the park or something like that....pretty much overflow off of the atv trail...but you cant ride on the atv trail at night...so it makes no sense for the late nighters...who knows...i think that closing that road was the biggest mistake ever...that was the best place to camp...they suck :shootself:

i think i read something along the lines of having camping available downtown in the park or something like that....pretty much overflow off of the atv trail...but you cant ride on the atv trail at night...so it makes no sense for the late nighters...who knows...i think that closing that road was the biggest mistake ever...that was the best place to camp...they suck :shootself:

471687[/snapback]

They had people camping in that park last year too. I have to agree shutting down the camping on the road to the north camp is horse shit. It would suck ass to have to be back at camp before dark during snakehunt.

Speedfreak350 I know how that goes, I just replaced my Shee after the Big D a year and six months ago... banghead She got what she wanted her Freedom... I also got mine too... :evil: Just remember that life does begin after the smoke clears :headbang:

Later,

Olie

hey dunegirl Im going this year again I'm going to put up camp a week early and relax then hit it hard during the weekened. And what time do they close that trail at night. My friends and I went to a concert last year during sand fest and didnt get back till late. They never closed the gate and the concert was shit.

WEll guys and girls change of planes. Fuck that bitch i aint gonna get rid of my bad ass bike cuase of her fuck it im keepin it and she cant have it. Ill be going down on that thursayd with about 10 other guys. Cant wait. And Dave as far as i know they dont ever close the gates at night. ANyone know how to reserve a campsite, otherwise well be taking the camper down there 2 weeks early like last time.

Cody

hey dunegirl Im going this year again I'm going to put up camp a week early and relax then hit it hard during the weekened. And what time do they close that trail at night. My friends and I went to a concert last year during sand fest and didnt get back till late. They never closed the gate and the concert was shit.

474810[/snapback]

sweet dave...sounds like a nice little vacation...i have the vacation time unfortunately i have classes that i cant miss.... banghead i have friends going down a week early though...so hopefully we'll get a good spot...im kind of curious to see how its goin to go with the cutback on places to camp..we have 2 jeeps and a blazer going with us this time...i have a feeling i better keep my insurance card handy :lol:

as far as the trail...i dont think they close it...i think your just not suppose to ride on it after dark...who knows its different every time :shrugani:

• 1 month later...

word of advice

if you dont have your spot reserved your basically fucked.

there are so many squaters(spelling) taking up spots this weekend on the state owned places. the spots that the oasis owns are most likely taken.

its a total nightmare. never seen the likes before.

40 bikes in the whole dunes. and camping by the oasis was elbows to assholes. but by the gate adn what the state has bare with a tent saving their spots.

hear 1 guy has saved his spot for almost a month. spent 2000. wtf ever.

just giving you guys the heads up.

word of advice

if you dont have your spot reserved  your basically fucked.

there are so many squaters(spelling) taking up spots this weekend on the state owned places.  the spots that the oasis owns are most likely taken.

its a total nightmare.  never seen the likes before.

40 bikes in the whole dunes.  and camping by the oasis was elbows to assholes. but by the gate adn what the state has bare with a tent saving their spots.

hear 1 guy has saved his spot for almost a month.  spent 2000.  wtf ever.

just giving you guys the heads up.

502529[/snapback]

That's why we reserve our spots thru little sahara power sports.