turbo crank for banshee

shanYE west

I had a Turbo crank in my old 88 TRX 250R, couldn't tell if it worked or made any difference, cause I tricked the whole engine @ one time by PR Racing from Toledo OH... It would be interesting to know if it really work's... :confused:

Olie

Might check Trinity racing as they used to be big into that. Dont know if they still do it or not....

i read about this a few years ago, it seems that the rotational mass is cut down which will let you increase the rpm's giving you a sleight gain.. but they only tell you the hp numbers after their whole engine has been worked out.. the gains from just the crank were like 8% according to their site.. which isnt much, you can spend time tuning your bike in better and gain that.. :cheers:

oh yeah, its almost deffinitly not good when they start out saying that the builder of these cranks and such isnt really sure on why it work also... :confused:

Edited by lowriderb

ask any successful snowmobile racer that runs a prostock race sled if he runs a "turbo" crank .(no will be the answer).or maybe call any reputable builder-( The Crankshop or Hooper Racing). Racers routinely rev there sleds between 9-10,000 rpm(tripples).if this mod works better with high revs, it would be of the most advantage and produce the most HP in this type of application. if there was any advantage to a mod like this, every racer would run one. anybody can produce "showponies" on a dyno. bring it to the track and see what happens. spend your money on porting or other proven mods if you are after more power.